Sunday, April 26, 2009

Some Good, Some Bad

First with the good. Bailey Girl went to get her 4 month shots on Thursday. 4 MONTHS!!!! Can you believe it???? She weighed 12 pounds 12 ounces and was 24 inches long. They said she looked great although we are still having many many problems with the reflux and congestion. Which leads me to the not so good news. Miss Bailey Girl is in the hospital. Friday night her breathing became very very labored and we decided to wait it out through the night, which was probably good in some ways and not so good in others, and carry her in first thing Saturday morning. The ped took one look at her and said she had to be admitted. They got busy once we got to the hosptial, putting in her IV and taking xrays and getting labs. I have been very impressed with the hosptial even though it's not a chidren's hospital. She has an oxygen/mist tent, breathing treatments every 2 hours, fluids, antibiotics, and steriods by IV, and is eating like a mad woman. Her RSV, flu, and strep tests were all negative. So as far as what I can tell they just think it's a bad case of the croup. Last night was a nightmare for me because they came in about every hour and once I'd get her to sleep someone would come messing with her. I sent Sid home because he had to work today and I knew he needed his rest. NeNe has been with Bailey since about 8:30 this morning and I came home to get a quick nap and shower. I'm about to head back to the hosptial and will update when I can. I think we may get to come home tomorrow though. Just keep us in your prayers.

No comments: