Monday, April 23, 2012

Count Your Many Blessings, Count Them One by One!

 I shall count my blessings!  We had an awesome weekend!  Friday night, Sid took Bailey and Colin to the rodeo and I stayed home with the twins.  They have become ly so much easier at night going to bed that we've recently gotten bedtime down to a one man show, not two or three.  Sid and the kids didn't get home until a little after 10 and I kid you  not, 4 children slept peacefully all night long in this house!  BLISS....and a blessing!

Saturday was  Ham Jam and we went even though it was freezing cold.  The babies really enjoyed riding around town in their City Mini and we had a great time.  The babies took a great nap when we got home and Sid and I rested for date night.  Blessing #2 of the weekend. 

Blessings #3 and #4 come in the form of Nene and Amy.  Nene kept the twins here at home and spent the night with us so that we could go out and enjoy ourselves without coming home and worrying about having to get up with the girls and to buy us an extra hour or so of morning sleep.  Amy took Bailey home with her for the night after Ham Jam.  Nene was able to get the girls to sleep all on her own.  I know this sounds strange to ya'll but I cannot tell you had stressful bedtime had been around her before we made the transition to how we do it now.  So, the twins going down easily for her.....blessing #5.

Sid and I had dinner and went ot the the Lynyrd Skynyrd concert.  It was alot of fun, except that I dropped my driver's liscense and had to search for it during Sweet Home Alabama.  Yeah, not so fun! 

Sunday morning we went to church with Amy since she had Bailey and I knew they would be going.  We had lunch at Nene's, spent some time with the family, came home, fed babies and put everyone to bed.  Blessing #6, Ellie slept all night with no crying and Elissa only cried for her paci twice.  Basically, 8 to 9 hours of straight sleep Sunday night, too! 

Today was the first day in weeks I haven't had to struggle to stay awake on my drive home.

Blessings # 7, 8, 9, and 10 are these sweet angels:


















No comments: