Sunday, May 13, 2012

9 Months Old

For real????? How in the world did Sid and I get two 9 month old babies??? I mean, the time is just flying by and it makes me sad, yet oh so excited.  Sad, because I know there will...hold up, I'm not saying NEVER be more babies in this house again because we all know where that got me last time, but I know that Sid and I will never grow and birth a baby of our own again.  There might be a baby in this house again, but it won't be because we had one of our own. haha!  It makes me so excited to think about our future with these girls and how much fun we will have as they get older and easier. 

I'm happy to report that Elissa and Ellie are doing great and are so much easier now than they were at around their 6 month birthday. 

At 9 months old, this is what goes on in our world:

Elissa, forever my Baby A, weighs about 25lbs., although she won't technically have her official weight until this week.  She wears size 4 diapers and will probably move to size 5 soon.  She wears anywhere from a 12-24 month, depending on what it is.  She can roll all over the place and can get from the sitting up position to the crawling position.  She looks like she is going to get up and walk in her attempt to crawl, but as of now, she does not crawl.  She eats fruit for breakfast, veggies and fruit for lunch, and some kind of baby food "meal" for supper with a fruit and yogurt.  Oh how they love yogurt. She takes about four bottles a day.  She can feed herself small finger foods, but so far, we just mainly stick to baby foods and then a pinch of whatever we are eating.  She can put some puffs away though.  Elissa loves to patty-cake and shakes her head no-no at you.  She talks up a storm saying dada, mama, bye bye, and then just squealing and jabbering. 

Both babies love love love to see their big sister enter the room.  The "yell" at her and clap and jump up and down.  Neither of them can get enough of her.  They better be glad we are around, because Bailey could be a little rough with them if not supervised. haha!

Ellie, my forever Baby B, weighs about 16llbs, but again the official weight won't come until later this week.  She just now this week moved to size 3 diapers.  She wears anywhere from a few 3-6 months to 12 months.  Ellie is very mobile.  She can go wherever she wants to go.  She crawls all over this house and is pulling to stand.  Every now and then, she lets go and looks like she is getting ready to take a step, but then falls and crawls off.  Giving her a bath has become quite the challenge because she stands up the entire time. LOL!  She eats just like her sister does, sometimes more!  She takes 4 bottles a day too, but getting all of them in is a challenge because she would rather be on the go.  Ellie also loves puff.  She loves to hear me sing patty cake and will dance dance dance!  But she cannot (or will not) clap her hands like Elissa does.  Ellie jabbers all day long and just now started saying dada and mama, but she doesn't "talk" near as much like Ellie does.  I get tickled at her because she will just laugh and laugh at herself like she's proud of something she is doing.

Both babies had been sleeping 12+ hours at night, going straight to bed and not waking up at all, except for maybe the paci.  In the past few days, Ellie has had a hard time at night, but I'm not sure why.  I've had to just let her cry some and eventually she gets in deep enough sleep that she doesn't wake up anymore.  I have enjoyed my sleep so I hope they don't regress in that area.  I've read that around 9 months, there is a sleep regression, but I'm hoping we don't go there!

I have 8 days of school left and I am so looking forward to the summer with my 3 girls. I think I'm going to have the nanny come about 3 days a week and take Bailey to the water park one day and maybe take the babies, one on one, swimming at Kylie's mom and dad's, then have a day to myself for errands.  Sid and I are planning a small vacation to get away, just the 2 of this and I hope to be able to see my Alabama crew at some point. 

And last but not least, I need to mention that today is Mother's Day.  I did not get to see my mom and we really didn't spend much time with Sids' mom today,either.   (She gave me the day off and Si and I went to eat and did a little shopping!)  But neither of us would be in the world without our Mom's and neither of us would be able to BE in this world without them, either.  I owe everything I am everything I have to my mom - for not killing me and my sassy mouth growing up, and for just being there.  Sid's mom helps us out so much- so much more than I could ever write on this page.  We are so blessed.  Then of course, there are my girls.  Bailey- who made me a mom and Ellie and Elissa- who made a statistic, a mom of multiples! haha! I really can't write a whole lot about them because I just get so emotional.  It's just so unreal how blessed we are with 3 perfectly fine, healthy, sweet, smart, growing girls! 

What I will say is that I am not and could not be the mom I am without the driving force behind me- Sid!  In this house, we have to be a team.  I know in most houses, husbands and wives are a team.  But unless you parent two babies at one time, youl'll just have to take my word for it. He gets it! He gets what life is like in this house when no one else does and he gets what we have both given up to be a mom and dad to these 3 girls.  Sid is my reason for getting up the morning and my reason for coming home at night and he makes being a Mom to my three girls so worth it.  I look at my babies and am I just in awe of what we have!

With that being said, Happy Mother's Day and Happy 9 Months to my babies.  And now for what you really stopped by for:  PICTURES!!!!  I took this in the direct sunlight, which was dumb, but I thought some of the faces they were making were too funny!  Ellie and her toothless grin (she still has zero teeth at 9 months old).  She looks like an old lady!  And sweet Elissa (with her four teeth)!












No comments: