So I'm stealing this from my cousin Robyn's blog and I've been meaning to do this for some time now, but I like she way she every now and then writes 10 things she loves about her son, Cade. Of course, there are way more than 10 things and sometimes those things change as he changes. So I hope I can keep it up as she does. Anyway, here goes.
1. The way that Bailey wrinkles her forehead just like Sid does.
2. Actually, I love the way she looks just like Sid from her hair line atop her head to the bottom of her flat little feet.
3. The way she has always held her head up with no help, like she is the most independent little thing.
4. The way she smacks on her paci like it is the best thing she has ever had.
5. How she is trying to laugh and coo and talk to us. She does a good job of cooing and smiling really really big, but oh is she so trying to laugh and talk!
6. How she acts like getting the last ounce of her bottle is so so hard. She makes this noise when she is sucking like it's the hardest work she has ever done. It may be! But I think she is just a bit dramatic.
7. How she gives us a little warning cry or two before she really lets it cut loose, like ok Mom, you got about 5 seconds and then I'm losing my cool over here.
8. The way she thinks that every ceiling fan she sees is the best thing ever. Better than any toy we could ever buy her at this point. (She used to think her Mimi was the ceiling fan, but a week of Mimi/Bailey time solved that little problem I think.)
9. The way she smiles and coos when she first wakes up in the morning.
10. The way she sleeps ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!
Like I said there are way more than 10 things and I could go on and on. But I'll save some for a later time. I just look at her sweet face sometimes and can't believe that she is mine, ours. What did we do to deserve such a sweet precious gift!
We had a great weekend. Well, Bailey and I did. Sid worked all weekend. So Bailey and I shared some quality time. We didn't go to Alabama to meet Andrew because Bailey was still a bit congested and coughing. But she is better now and we will defiantly be heading there to meet our new cousin this upcoming weekend.
Bailey's first week of daycare was ok. I think she did better than me. I think I would be much better if I could drop her off and leave like other mother's. But since I have to stay, I hear her every time she cries and I can't help but go check on her. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I can be with her. But being there has it's pro's and con's. Sid helped out alot last week and came and got her early some days. That made me feel better. We went to the doctor twice last week, the 2nd time probably because I'm just crazy, but I felt like she wasn't getting any better. They reassured me that she was not any worse, just not better, and said we were doing all we could do. They said daycare was my choice since she wasn't running a fever but that her immune system was low since she was trying to fight off an infection. I opted to take her and save my days for when she is REALLY REALLY sick. But it still made me nervous and I don't get her around the older kids. She is just in the baby room where they don't get in each other's faces or share germs yet. So I'm still trying to keep her away from kids who have been at school and daycare or from people like her Aunt Kylie who is around sick babies all day. It's just too risky until RSV season is over. So we are still sticking to the "only on weekends after a change of clothes and a bath" rule for now.
I can't believe that I am about to start my FOURTH week back at work from maternity leave and that Bailey is 11 WEEKS OLD. Time is just flying by and I want it to stop. Bailey is getting so big and she just gets sweeter everyday. Everyday I tell myself my heart can't get any fuller and I can't possibly love her anymore tomorrow than I do today. But tomorrow always comes and sure enough, I fall more in love with her with each passing day. We are just so blessed and she is surely a blessed little girl!