Sunday, March 22, 2009

Silence

From the Whitehead household is not a bad thing. Bailey and her Mom and Dad have been super busy the past few weeks. Since the last posting, Bailey has met her new cousin Andrew Thomas Self, heard her great-grandfather Pap-paw Self preach, been to visit her great-grandmother Mammie Williamson, been to the Jackson Zoo with cousin Colin, started eating sweet potatoes and pears, drinking some water with a shot of white grape juice in it, spent a whole day with her Aunt Kylie and cousins Mason and Brady, learned to sit in the Excersaucer at daycare.....the list just goes on and on. I'm sure there are other things that I have left out. But once again, she never ceases to amaze me. One new thing I have noticed about her is that she has learned the difference between me and Sid and "others". By that I mean that I can tell when she gets in a strange place because she gets a look on her face and her bottom lip pokes out until she can find one of us. I put my sun glasses on the other day and she cried with hurt feelings for a good long while. It broke my heart, but at the same time I was glad to know she knows what her mommy should look like, and some big ole sunglasses perched upon my face was not the look she wanted. She also knows home versus being at other places. Yesterday, we went to the Zoo in Jackson and then to dinner at Lonestar and then to the Bass Pro Shop. We were gone most of the day and when we got home, it was way past Miss Bailey's bedtime. She had slept the entire way home but needed a diaper change and a change of clothes and another bed-time bottle. So I woke her up in the den and then carried her ot her bedroom and laid her on her changing table. When she looked around and realized she was in her room she let out a squeal and starting kicking her arms and legs like crazy. There was no doubt she was glad to be home. So today we have stayed at home and she has played with all her toys and she has been so happy. I have gotten some much needed housework done too!!

I promised myself I would not be one of those mom's who let her fall asleep whenever she wanted to, wherever we were. I wanted her to be able to get in her bed at bedtime. I like to be in my own bed when I lay my head down at night and I'm sure she does too. Well, the past three nights we have not been at home at bedtime and she has gone to sleep other places. When we got home last night and she was so excited, it sort of made me sad for keeping her gone so much. But at the same time, I'm glad to know she knows where home is.

Well, the dryer is buzzing and I must get back to it. I have some pictures I'll try to post tonight or tomorrow and I'll try not to let it be 2 weeks in between posts either.

Oh, by the way, Bailey's Mimi has a Birthday tomorrow, March 23rd. I thinks she'll be 39?!?!?......

No comments: