Monday, September 20, 2010

Well Hello Again!!

I know you miss me because I sure miss you.  I sure miss getting on herend writing because I really do love it.  Last week was just a long week.  And the sad truth is that I have a post that I started working on and saved and there it still sits in my saved box, unready to be published.  Unready??  Is that a word??? 

Anyway, last week was long.  Sid and I signed up to help with Mission Friends on Wednesday nights, which is a 3, 4, and 5 year old class about mission work.  Well, really, I signed up and then talked Sid into helping.  If the truth be told, he loves it.  And the kids love him!!  But on top of Wednesday night, it was just long.

Then this weekend came and I wish I could say we did tons of fun stuff, but I'd be lying.  We did eat Mexican food with Mammaw and Pappaw Friday night, but that was about the extent of it.  Saturday, Sid had to work.  Bailey and slept til about 7:30 and then watched cartoons.  Neither of us had a bath on Friday night, so we ate some breakfast and got a bath.  By 10, the sweet baby had climbed back up in my lap and was well on her way to a nap.  She fell asleep and was still asleep at 3 when Sid got home.  At the time, I had no idea why.

Now, let's back up two weeks.  Her voice had become sort of scratchy and almost like she had laryngitis.  I called Dr. Carron, but she has that unidentified lump sitting on her vocal chord, but he didn't seem too concerned.  Fast forward to this weekend, Bailey had developed a horrible cough and was now sleep for 5 hours in the middle of the day. 

I got up on Sunday feeling horrible with a sore throat, so Sid and Bailey went to Church with Nene and Jerry and I rested up even more.  And by last night, Bailey's couch was gagging her it was so bad.  Nene took her to the doctor for me this afternoon and I am now waiting on a call back from the op nurse to schedule Bailey a time in the OR to have a scope to see what's going on with this lump thingy.  In my heart of heart's, my Mommy's intuition, I know that it's nothing, but I can't help but wonder when she has a voice like she does and an extremely bad cough.  Surly this thing sitting on her vocal chord is the cause, but then again, what IF it is the cause???  Then what will be the course of action???  I wish I had these answers, but I don't.

What I do know is the combination of cough syrup and breathing treatments just made for a long night of trying to go to sleep.  She finally gave it up, but not without telling me to "mooes" off my own pillow a time or ten.  Finally she crawled on top of me and we shared. 

Did I forget to say it's only Monday????????/

Have a good week ya'll!!!!!!!!

No comments: