Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bailey Still Lives Here & Packing For The Champions

I haven't talked much about Bailey lately, but she is here.  She has had some major adjustments to make, just like Mommy.  I think we are making progress (other than her day at school today in which the director had to call me!!! - not good) but I also think we have a long way to go.  Regardless of the babies being here, Bailey has had some fun lately.

First, she got some prizes in the mail from Terrah, Uncle Will's girlfriend.  Some cute western stuff and a pink housecoat with camo. I must get a picture of that soon, too.  The babies got some cool stuff, too, and we thank Terrah for all that.  But her stuff arrived just in time for the bull riding on Saturday night.  Sid and Poppy T took her and she had a great time.  Didn't she look cute???

 I could just eat her up!!!




A bull rider got hurt and she came home and told me the boy fell off the bull and went to sleep and the ambulance came to get him and she needed to go check on him.  I thought it was sweet that she wanted to check on him, but thankful that she thought he was sleeping and not really "hurt".  Apparently he was really hurt.


Mimi brought her some more cool stuff this trip, one being a pink Hello Kitty back pack.  Are ya'll seeing the pink theme here??  She packed it full for her trip to the bull riding.


On Tuesday, Bailey started gym class.  I meant to enroll her and already have this going before the twins, but I also meant to do alot of things that didn't happen.  Luckily, there was a class for her age still with spots open at a perfect time.  She was so excited to go.

When we asked her what she did, she told us she turned a flip, sat in her spot, got a sticker, and then we came to pick her up.  Her daddy told her that sure was an expensive 45 minutes for a flip and a sticker. haha!!
 She thought her babies her going, too!  They did ride, but they didn't go to gym class.  That's for big girls only!


However, the babies do have a big trip planned for tomorrow.  It's my 6 week check-up with my doctor.  Can ya'll believe it's been 6 weeks already???  I can not! Period.  But the babies are going because they have an appointment to have hip ultrasounds since I carried them breech.  The doctor doesn't think there is anything to be worried about, but something she just likes to check out on all babies carried breach.  I can not even begin to explain the time I put into packing the diaper bag to be away from the house tomorrow for 9-10 hours with two newborns.

First, we have 40 ounces of nursery water.  I just put it in these regular bottles because I don't have a container big enough to hold 40 ounces and did not want to carry the entire gallon. I guess that might have been easier??

Then we have enough formula/rice for each baby to have 3 bottles.  Notice the difference in amounts.  Yeah, that's how we roll.  NOTHING is the same!

And I packed two empty bottles to measure the water in and mix up the formula/rice.

And once it's mixed up, it will be poured into one of these bottles.  I don't know if you've ever used Dr. Brown bottles, but because of the way they are made, when you shake them hard enough to mix formula, it spews.  I guess from the no air/air thing?? Also, I guess instead of taking all those bottles of water I could have just poured the water directly into these bottles for storage.  Notice 3 of the bottles have no nipple.  That's because I have one nipple that Ellie will use.  When the doctor told me to add rice to their bottles, I cut open a bunch of nipples because it was so thick. I soon realized that they were not going to be able to take as much rice as she had suggested and cut it down some, so I thought I put all the cut nipples up.  Last night, Ellie took the best bottle she had ever taken before bed.  I noticed it happened to be one that was cut open a little, so we've used it ever since.  Tricky for sure, but it works for now.

Diapers, hopefully enough.  Two different sizes, because again, that's how we roll.  I was able to move Elissa up to size 1 diapers today, but Ellie isn't quite ready for that yet.

A whole pack of wipes!

A few changes of clothes.

Lots of burp rags.


And what else would I pack all this in??  This super duper diaper bag that Aunt Kylie and Uncle Ben got it.  It's heavy now that it's all packed.

But it all fit and I was so very thankful to have it.


Once I was done packing all this for tomorrow, the thought crossed my mind - Ya'll want me to load up myself, Bailey, two newborns and my husband and come to Alabama???????????

No comments: