Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Got Featured

Sid says I should have been a researcher.

Dad says I should have been a writer.

I still don't know what I should have been. But I do know that these past 6 weeks (tomorrow) have been very surreal.  Lots and lots of emotions and changes, with even more emotions and changes piled on top.  However, with that being said, I can say I ONLY HAD TO GET UP ONE TIME LAST NIGHT !!!!  Keep in mind that was with two babies, but they went to bed about 7:45, I went to bed about 10 and was up with them at 1:20 until about 2:20.  However, for some reason I could not go back to sleep and it was 4 before I finally did.  We were back up about 7:15 doing it all again.  So, now if I can just get that going back to sleep part down, maybe we are on the path to some restful nights.

In the midst of the past 6 weeks, there have been lots of realizations on my part, and I'm sure those around me.  But I took the time to put some of those into writing.  BlogHer saw one of those posts and chose to feature what I wrote.  I was sort of honored and thought it was cool that they thought what I had written was worthy of being shared with millions of other mommy-blogers.

If you visit BlogHer's homepage and scroll down to the bottom right, you will see the title of that post, "What Nobody Tells You About Bringing Twins Home".  That's where I'm featured.  This is the direct link to how they featured me.  (Those are not Elissa and Ellie's feet, but I thought it would have been cool if they had used their real feet.

Here's what one of BlogHer's writers had to say:

[Editor's Note: I know that I wasn't prepared in any way for what it was like to bring home a newborn. Despite what people chose to share, it was nothing like what I expected.'Ssippi Scoop recently wrote a post about what it's like to bring twins home -- which is a must read if you're expecting multiples or planning to help out a friend or relative when they bring their new babies home. It's hard, it's not what you'd expect and she's here to give you some advice. Take it. -Jenna]


Pretty Cool, huh????





No comments: