Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Lord Has Promised Good To Me

As many of you know, we took the twins to Alabama this weekend to have them Christened, along with my cousin's baby girl, Tanner.  I think I cried just as much today as I did the day I heard the doctor say "it's time"!  I just get so overwhelmed when I think about these babies.  They are hard hard work, but they are such a blessing and it's just one of those things that you have to pinch yourself daily over.  I know I say this over and over again, but it's really one of those things that you can't help but feel like you've received a miracle....on a daily basis.

As many of you also know, Sid and I were done having babies.  Neither of us wanted any more and the news of not one, but two babies, was complete shock.  The entire time I was pregnant, I would pray and say "these are your babies Lord.  You put them here for a reason and they will surely bless us, but please help me to always let them know that they are yours and they are here for your purpose."  With that being said, today was just perfect, a day to give them back to the Lord and say "they are your's, help us!"

Of course, it meant the world ten times over for my Papaw to Christen the babies.  He Christened Bailey when she was 10 months old.  We had to hurry and have the twins done before some baby we all know and love grows out of her dress.  I need to post of picture of her from her day.

One of my favorite pictures from her her day was her sitting on the alter in her dress.  Ellie did ok in the same pose, but not Elissa, and certainly not both of them.  It's really no fun to take have to be the one to take pictures and be the mom on days like today.  haha!!  Obviously, I didn't take all these pictures, but you know what I mean!

I just looked through a few of them, as there are only 192 pictures.  haha!   Of course I couldn't wait to share what I looked at!!!  I post more in the next few days!!!  Thanks to everybody who traveled near and far and made this a blessed day for our family!

Ellie at the church.  Elissa was still getting dressed.  I have a picture of Bailey in the exact same spot in her dress.  I'll try to post them together.  Sadly, I didn't get any of Elissa at the alter.  She didn't cooperate.



 Bailey got in on the picture action while we were still waiting on Elissa to get dressed!



And that's about as good as it gets when you are trying to take pictures of two 6 month olds who have on dresses that they think are toys by all the strings.  Someone said Ellie looks knocked out here.  Actually, she was busy trying to get her strings under control.

Pappaw and Ellie


Pappaw and Elissa


Robyn, her husband Justin, Sid and I were each presented with a prayer shawl.  The prayer shawl ministry at Lester Memorial knits shawls that they pray over and then give them away for someone to continue using them in the same fashion.  We each got one and were instructed to pray with it as we weave our way through this world, trying to rear small children.  It's supposed to be a comfort type thing and just a visual reminder of the task at hand.  While we were getting our shawls, Mom, Brother Barry, and Aunt Marianne stood so the congregation could see the babies. 

I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked to taken.  But I did get a few good ones.  Me, Sid, Elissa, and Ellie

The Whitehead 5!



And a generational picture.  Pappaw, Dad, Me, my girls, and Sid. I guess technically Sid isn't in the generation.  I don't really know how that works. 



Sid and Ellie.  Those eyes, my goodness, I just don't know where they come from or how they got that blue.  But she sure is a pretty thing.


No comments: