Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Life Is Just Busy

Or, something like that anyway.  Really I don't know if busy is the right word for me, but with a 16 month old in the house, my household is certainly busy.  And it goes a little something like this....

Monday night Sid went to lodge and me and baby girl hung out at home and ate chicken pot pie, which is her fav.  After bath, I got out her writing pad and pen, because she thinks there is nothing better than writing with a pen, unless of course you count riding in the wagon.  But she soon figured the pen would write better on my legs than it did on the paper, so I battled that, all the while sitting in the floor with the laptop, trying to google something I thought was very very important.  Bailey, on the other hand, felt the laptop should be closed and moved off my lap so there would be more room for her.  So away the laptop did go.  And that's about how it goes every night until she gives it up and falls asleep.  So when I finally have a few minutes of me time, I'm really just too tired to recap my day on here.  So forgive me for the lack of blogging.  I promise that sometimes, you might not really want to know my thoughts of the day, either!  So be spared....

In other news, we did make it to Alabama this past weekend for Erin's 6 year old birthday party.  We went with Mom, Dad and Pap-paw to eat at a place out in the county and Sid was driving me and Bailey and Mom, and trying to get his bearings about where we were.   And then it happened......Mom says, "Have I ever showed ya'll the zebras?"  I was like, oh my gosh, no she did not just tell Sid, who is the most curious man I know, that there are Zebras in the vicinity of where we are.  But oh, yes she did!  And so we were off on a tour of Blount County Alabama with Mom as the tour guide.  I quickly texted Chris, who was waiting for us to come by for a visit, that I didn't feel a visit was in the cards.  And about ten minutes later we approached this...


And then we saw this....












Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you are seeing what we saw....Zebras in Blount County, Alabama, and I never knew they existed.  I still don't know how that's legal, but indeed they are there.  Mom says there are buffalo and some other strange things on the farm, but we didn't see those. 

And unfortunately, Bailey missed the whole showing because she thought we were at the dentist.  You see, Mom has this thing for toothpicks.  Always has.  You will NEVER catch the lady without a toothpick within arms reach.  So it stands to reason that she had one after supper on our joy ride Saturday night.  When we got ready to pull off, I turned to the back of the truck and this is what I saw....








Who needs the dentist when you can go to Mimi's house?  Except we really do need a dentist because Mom informed me Bailey has a chipped tooth that is starting to get discolored.  She'd eat toothpaste all day long if we'd let her, so I know we are doing the best we can to take care of her teeth, but still.  She is at a higher risk of having teeth problems considering all the antibiotics she had at birth and then at 4 and 5 months.  That reminds me, I need to make her an appointment.

We didn't make it to church on Sunday to hear Erin sing because I woke up feeling like I might have had a touch of the yucky good bug and Sid ended up taking Mom and Dad to the air port at like 4 Sunday morning since their plans changed last minute.  So we just hung out at home and visited with Maggie and Bo until time for the party.  Bailey wasn't much for the pool, but she did look cute in her swimsuit.  She didn't have to get wet and Sid didn't either so were thankful for that since we had to hit the long road home afterwards, but she didn't enjoy the big ice chests full of ice and the balloons....







She looked like she wanted to get her fingers on this cake, but in truth, all she really wanted was the chips and cheese curls on either side of the cake.  Doesn't she look pitiful????



The birthday girl with Daddy and Brother.



The birthday girl with her other cousins, who are twins (in the blue shirts on either side of Erin in case you couldn't tell.)

It was a fast fast weekend, but an enjoyed one indeed. 

Now I'm off to call the dentist since I just remembered!

No comments: