Thursday, June 16, 2011

Elissa & Ellie: 26 weeks

So, I don't know why I'm not blogging as often as I was/should be, because I do have the time.  I really have no excuse.  But one thing that I do want to keep up with is our monthly/bi-monthly doctor's visit.

Today was our sixth visit to the baby doctor and I feel that things are still going really well.  They could be a whole whole lot worse, and they could be a little bit better.  Starting now we will go every 2 weeks.  It's going to be a long summer going every two weeks, but I'm just thankful to be out of school right now.  We go again on June 30th and at that time, I will do my glucose test and get a shot for my blood type.  Fun times are ahead! haha!

Anyway, as always, the appointment started with the sonogram.  I do have the sono uploaded and ready to post, but once again, it's in 9 different pieces.  I can't stand that and have no idea why it happens.  But it does and well deal with it!  Here's what I learned today from the sono:  Both girls' heads are down, with Baby A (Elissa) being in a normal baby place.  But Baby B, Ellie, chooses to sort of turn her body and is more right to leftish.  Their heads and feet are together, but their bodies kind of cross, if that makes sense.  It does to me because that's how I feel them. 

Last month, both girls weighed a pound, this month, they each weigh 2 pounds.  Sooo, my friends, let me do the math of 2+2 for you.  That's 4 pounds of baby at just 26 weeks.  Fun times are ahead, I tell ya!  I would like to throw at this point that I have only gained 11 pounds this entire pregnancy.  At this point, we know 4 of that belongs to Elissa and Ellie, and then however much their "supplies" weigh.  But weight wise, I feel good! 

Their heartbeats sort of threw me off a little.  One was at 135, the other was at 152.  That was a big difference to me, but the sono lady said they were both within normal range. If I'm not mistaken, it was Ellie's heart rate that was higher and every time we see her, she is doing alot of kicking at her sister.  Poor Elissa is just buried in there face down, trying to protect herself I guess.

Then it was time to tt in the cup and get a blood pressure reading. I don't remember what it was, but I do remember the nurse commenting on how my blood pressure has stayed within normal ranges and consistent this entire pregnancy.  Do ya'll know how thankful I am for that?  VERY THANKFUL!!!

Actually, at this point in the game was when I got weighed, but I've already bragged on myself in that area.  Moving on.

The visit with the doctor didn't really tell me anymore than I already knew about the babies.  He went back over the sono with me, and said he is very pleased at their growth and says we have a lot of baby on our hands. He thinks they will be long legged.  Apparently, he hasn't looked at mine and Sid's legs.  He decided to check me this time and I don't know if something alerted him to that or if that was normal at this point.  But when he checked me, he discovered that I was dilated 1 cm.  However, I have not thinned any, so I'm not considered to be in active labor.  But, because I am the size of a full term single pregnancy, it's time to be cautious.  He stressed how critical of a point of time we are in and said I need to make it at least 5-6 more weeks.  My orders are to be up moving around and on my feet, active, no more than 3 hours per day.  The rest of the time, I am to be with my feet up, preferably lying on my left side.  I am not supposed to be lifting Bailey or pulling/straining on her, but, frankly, that isn't realistic.  I will do the best I can there, but there are times that it will just have to happen.  I mean, I don't see anyone else offering to my share of being her Mommy right now, nor do I want anyone, too!  I also have orders to be no further than 2 hours away from the hospital. 

I'll be honest with you, it scared me a little.  I held it together in the exam room, but when I got out to the pay area, I was trying to text Sid and just about lost it. I had to wait a little bit to call him and actually talk on the phone.  It just made me sad knowing that I can't go home even if I wanted to.  And I was overwhelmed with the what if's.  I do NOT want these babies coming any earlier than they just have to and I really have high hopes of having a babies in my room with me and not in the NICU.  With Bailey, I knew in my heart that she was going to be early and in the NICU, so I never let myself think about the hospital and having her in the room with us.  Yesterday, at Belk's, when I stopped to do some father's day shopping, I went to the baby section.  They have a great sale going on right now, and one of those was Ralph Lauren and Carter's one piece/footie type outfits buy one get one free.   I picked out about 5 outfits each, mostly newborn, that they could wear in the hospital and of course when we come home.  But I put them up before I checked out because I have soooo much to get organized and put up without bringing soooo much more in on top of it.  But the point is, I am letting myself think about the hospital and I"m thinking of it in normal terms, not a NICU stay term, and I really hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.  If we do have a NICU stay, I will feel like I majorly let Sid down because that's all he he's said this entire pregnancy, that as long we don't have go back to the NICU, he's fine with everything else. 

So far, so good, so let's just keep praying on that part.

We go back in 2 weeks and will have another sono and be checked then.  Hopefully, it will be a slow 2 weeks. 

Ok, now for the 9 sono clips. I'm just putting these on here in case I lose the DVD, but I'll be honest with you, there isn't much to see on this sono.  Elissa (Baby A) chose to only show her spine and private parts.  Ellie, Baby B, on the other hand, showed out.  She even plays patty cake in one clip.  Watch closely.  Oh, and there are several frames where it looks like 2 gray circles, side by side, and those are their heads next to each other.

Until next time, much love!! Barbie

















No comments: