Tuesday, April 22, 2008

21 Days and Counting.....

So we've only got a limited days of school left and I have mixed feelings about this. As most of you know, I guess you do, that I will be leaving public education and taking a job as the director of childcare/kindergarten ministries at Philadelphia First United Methodist Church. But this leaves me with mixed emotions because I've always felt a had a calling to do the special education thing. However, it appears that after God uprooted me and moved me to Mississippi, that he had other plans for me. Most of you also know what a challenging year this has been for me as far as teaching in Mississippi. I won't get into that here. But after much prayer, I do feel as if God is closing a door that needs to be closed and opening one in another area where I will be just as successful as I was as a special education teacher. But I'm sad because I always get way more attached to my student's than I should and I always worry about what will happen to them when I'm not there, etc. etc. etc. But change is a part of life and so here I go.......Only twenty one more days left with my babies and then I'm off on a new adventure! Keep me in your prayers!

No comments: