Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Some messages from my Pap-paw

Anyone who knows my sweet Pap-paw, the Rev. Ed Self, knows that he is one of, if not the one, sweetest man that ever walked the face of this earth. Even though I have moved to Mississippi and he can no longer leave me bags with mail and goodies on my door step, he knows my address and you better believe that he continues to send those things may way, usually on a weekly basis. He sends me a few things he's printed out from his own computer and the current copy of The Upper Room. I am so blessed to have a man like him in my life. If you were to look up "unconditional love" in the dictionary, you'd see his picture (along with my mom and dad and my late grandmother) because they truly do love me unconditionally. And for that I am forever thankful to my eternal Father for that....for family.

But I digress....Pap-paw also loves the Internet about as much as I do and he sends me the best ever emails on a daily basis. I've copied and pasted one here that I received from him today because I wanted to share it with you all. It is entitled "Quotes to Live By" and I love quotes, sayings, anything inspirational and motivational. So pap paw knows this kind of thing is right up my alley. I hope you enjoy reading them and find some of these that you will apply or already apply to your daily living.

May God bless each of you and may you find His unconditional love most satisfying. We are truly unworthy of that love that He so graciously gives.

Quotes to Live By

Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind.


Love...and you shall be loved.

Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it.

All people smile in the same language.

Do what you can, for who you can, with what you have.

To get out of a difficulty, one must go through it.

Beauty is only skin deep.

To everything there is a season and a purpose.

You are richer today if you have laughed, given or forgiven.

If you have 2 loaves of bread, sell one and buy a flower.

You should never resist the temptations of planting a rainbow.

Take time to laugh for it is the music of the soul.

Happy memories never wear out...relive them as often as you like.

One is closer to God in a Garden than anywhere else on earth.

The heart that loves is always young.

Life's most beautiful things are not seen with the eyes but felt with the heart.

What the heart has once owned and had it shall never lose.

If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.

Love is the only thing that can be divided without being diminished.

Love is not as simple as candlelight and roses, Love is day-to-day living.

Laughter is God's sunshine.

Friends are presents you give yourself.

A hug is a great gift...one size fits all.

Everyone needs to be loved...especially when they do not deserve it.

The real measure of a man's wealth is what he has invested in eternity.

You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future.

Man looks at outward appearances but the Lord looks within.

The best thing parents can do for their children is to love each other.

For every minute you are angry with someone, you lose 60 seconds of happiness that you can never get back.

And this following prayer is an email I received from a lady I just met who lives in Meridian. She is the "govener" of The Civitian Club, which she called to invite me to join. But on occassion she sends out emails like this, so I'm glad to know she is a good Christian lady that I have met and befriended. I found this prayer so motivating and heartfelt (even though I'm sure it's been generated around the internet for days now) so I wanted to share it as well. I hope you enjoy reading the prayer as much as I did. Again, may God bless your day!

Dear Lord, I thank You for this day, I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning. I'm blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you.

I ask now for Your forgiveness. Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You. Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things. Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over.

And give the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits.

I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart. Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak... Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement. I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don't know You intimately. I pray for those that will delete this without sharing it with others I pray for those that don't believe.

But I thank you that I believe that God changes people and God changes things. I pray for all my sisters and brothers. For each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace, love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met. I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than God. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight.
I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees it.

No comments: