Tuesday, June 22, 2010

18 Months Old AND THE BEST AUNT EVER!!!


This little 6 pound bundle of joy is 18 months old today.  And do you know what that translates to?  1 1/2 years old.  One and a half years old.  Like, almost to 2.  I just cannot believe it.  Time has flown by at lightening speed.  I learn daily from Bailey.  She has taught me so much about being a human being, being a person, being a mother. 

And so today I saw it fitting to give A GREAT BIG SHOUT OUT to the one she is named after.




Margaret Ellen and Bailey Ellen at Easter, 2010.

Aunt Maggie turned, how old did you turn Aunt Maggie?  I forget how old I am, therefore I cannot subtract tens years and know how old you are.  But anyway, Aunt Maggie, my baby sister, had a birthday at the beginning of June.  We didn't foreget her shout out.  We were just waiting for the right time.



Haha! I thought those pictures were cute.  Bailey looks like she is going in for the kill.  Cherish is Aunt Maggie because she already thinks she's getting too old to give you kisses every time  you ask for one!



Aunt Maggie came to the hospital when Bailey was born, but she doesn't like it when things don't go as planned, so she didn't stay long.  But she came over the day after Bailey was got home from the hospital.  This was their first picture together.  Look how young Aunt Maggie looked and how little my Bailey was!



And not long after Bailey was born, we made our first trip to Mimi and Poppy T's house.  Wow, Uncle Bo, you look young, too.   By the way, Bailey gets her yawning habits from her daddy!  No kidding, how big his mouth opens when he yawns is one of the first things I noticed about him.



Right before Bailey was born, Aunt Maggie and Uncle Bo got married.  Bailey thought Aunt Maggie was the most beautiful thing ever.  I did, too.  Unfortunatly, pregnancy hormones made a little bit more weepy than normal and I'm told I can be heard crying and sucking snot on the wedding video. I wouldn't know because I can't bring myself to watch it.  Sorry about that Aunt Maggie, I just couldn't believe my baby sister was getting married.  I wish I remembered the date, but I was feeling sort of cruddy, but I think she got married 8 or 9 days before Bailey was born.






Haha!  I see the twinkle in Bailey's eye Aunt Maggie.  You better watch out because now she relentlessly rips those earrings out.  I lost a back to mine just today but was lucky to escape with my ear intact.  But we do love you so Aunt Maggie!!!






You came to my first birthday party all the way in Mississippi and rocked me to sleep afterwards.  Well, Uncle Bo came, too!



You took me to the circus!

You fed me supper on Christmas Eve at Mimi's house!



You played with me at Thanksgiving!


You were at my Christening that Pappaw officiated!



And best of all, you let me take naps in your floor with Uncle Bo!!



Oh wait, I forgot one more thing.  I had so much fun when we went to see The Wizard of Oz!



There were a few more pictures we wanted to put up, but blogger is running slow now.  We've done so much in my 18 months of life, we tired it out probably.  But what we want you to know, Aunt Maggie, is we think you are such a special person.  You have worked so hard this past year and we know you are going to be the best teacher EVER.  Mom wishes that we could live by you and  you could be my teacher one year.  Even though that probably won't happen, you will still have plenty of time to teach me all you want me to know. 

We love you so much Aunt Maggie and we can't wait to spend time with you at home and here in Mississippi this summer.  Well, we love Uncle Bo too!  We don't want him to feel left out.  Maybe one day there will be some Battles cousins that I can play with.  Mommy can't wait for that, too! 

WE LOVE YOU MAGGIE ELLEN!!!! 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sweet post!
Brad and Bailey got to 18 months so fast!