Thursday, November 13, 2008

The 4-D Experience

Yesterday Sid and I went for the 4-D ultrasound and it was AMAZING to say the least. My doctor does not do 4-D so we were sent to a radiologist in Meridian who has what they call a diagnostic center. I did not know this but the tech explained as she started that they wouldn't just take pictures of Bailey, but they'd look at everything about her, even though I wasn't sent there for a problem, only because I asked. The tech spent about 30 minutes looking at Bailey and then we got to see it all over again when the doctor came in to look.

First of all, my baby rolled her eyes while we where looking at her. The tech even rewound what she had recorded to make sure we so it, she was so tickled. Second of all, this baby NEVER stops moving, I mean never. The confirmed that yesterday, as she was quite active the entire time we were watching her. The first thing we saw was that she was sucking on her lips. Then she put her foot in her mouth. At one point, she had both feet at her head. And then the got the hick-ups.

This is how bad I've been during the pregnancy, thinking of every little thing that go wrong. We got to look at her brain and see her brain waves and activities. Poor Sid asks, "Are there ridges?" Even he knows that sometimes babies brains to not convert over from smooth to ridges. But indeed, she does have ridges and good brain activity and the tech even said she had a nice brain. They measured something with her cord and it made noise, maybe they were looking at all the stuff going in and out of it. I don't know, but it was good too. They spent quite a bit of time looking at her heart and everything was there and working properly. We got a nice shot of her lips and the tech commented again that she had some great lips, no cleft. All her organs are there and working properly.

It really put my mind at ease to see and hear all that and I really didn't expect that much of an in depth ultra sound. But I'm glad we got to have it. And I think she's just beautiful. I can't tell who she looks like, but I do see Sid when I look at the pictures.

As you read before, I was measuring 33 weeks at the doctor on Tuesday. The ultrasound yesterday confirmed that Bailey is indeed as big a 33 weeker. So the tech and radiologist seem to think that my due date is wrong and she could be here before the end of the year. She weighs 4 lb 6 oz, give or take 10 oz. So she weighs between 4 and 5 pounds. I don't think she has room to grow for 9 more weeks so I'm thinking only 6 or 7 more weeks. But we'll see!!

I'm off to Alabama this weekend for Maggie and Bo's "Trim the Tree" party and Liz's baby shower. I haven't seen Erin since the beginning of October so I'm excited about seeing her too.

No comments: