Saturday, November 1, 2008

I Can't Believe

That's it's already November. Time is flying by. And we are getting way more excited with each big kick. Or I am anyway. Sid still says he can't feel her although he sometimes says he can see her kicks. I think they are just alike and both hard headed. She does have a tendency to stop moving and kicking when he wants to watch or feel. Then he gets frustrated and walks away. That's why I think they will be just alike. Time will soon tell.

Well, we didn't get to see Erin or Mason for Halloween yesterday. We didn't go to Alabama, although I would have loved to. And our schedules just didn't fit with Sid's brother's last night so we didn't get to see Mason either. I missed most of the children at daycare being dressed up since I had to go learn about playground safety yesterday morning (not a good day for State Health to plan a training). Anywhoo, I did get to see some of the kids at the Fall Festival at Church Wednesday night. They were too cute, especially my babies. And it made me feel good because every single one of them that say me and Sid walking around either reached out from their mom's for me to hold them or had to give me a hug (if they were big boys and girls). I guess I liked it when they recognized me outside of daycare and still liked me. hehe!!

One mom, who has two kids at the daycare, aged 2 and 3, told me that she heard the 3 year old at home the other day threatening the 2 year old (who was misbehaving) by saying: "Do you want me to get Mrs. Barbie?" Now, the funny thing about that is that neither of her children have ever been in trouble with their teacher, much less me. But I guess I do make an impact and that is good!!

We did make the front page of The Neshoba County Democrat last week. The 3 and 4 year olds did the St. Jude's Trike-A-Thon and one of the little girl's grandmother's works for the paper. She came a took a picture of my little darlings. It turned out really good and was even in color. The parents and kids raised almost $800 for the cause and I was very proud of them. It just goes to show that people that can give still do even the economy is killing us all. See, there is no need for Obama to MAKE us give when we are clearly still willing, given the chance. I mean, it cost me and Sid $50 bucks at church Wednesday before last to pay for supper, buy from a fund raiser from a little girl who asked, and then give to the orphanage in Russia after the guest speaker got done talking. I know all that is still church, but that's enough of a political rant for now. (Since I probably don't really know what I am talking about anyway.)

I had a really good week. Thursday and Friday I had some new director training with State Health but it wasn't bad at all. And I got alot done at work when we done each of those days. I slept two good nights on Thursday and Friday. So that was a nice change. I hope it continues. I think I might have over done it yesterday as I was gone ALL DAY LONG, worked a little late, went to eat Mexican, and then went out to Ne Ne's to visit with them and avoid the Trick Or Treaters. (I know I know, I will be one them next year, but I still wanted to take the night off.) We didn't get home til almost 9:00 so I was gone from the house running full force for a little over 12 hours and I was worn out by the time my head hit the pillow. Bailey was so busy yesterday during the meeting that I could hear the table thumping as she kicked it.

Sid is working all weekend and I plan to do some more things in the nursery. Got to get it done as we will be busy, busy, busy from here on out. Next weekend, the 9th, is a baby shower at the church Sid grew up in (Ne Ne's church). Then the next weekend is a baby shower at home for Liz on Saturday (the 15th) and a shower for Bo and Maggie that night. The next weekend is a shower in Alabama at Leslie's house. My friend Tiphanie and my baby sis Maggie are helping to give it. Thanks guys. We appreciate to soooo much (on the 22nd). And Maggie's tea is the 23rd. Then it's Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, this will probably be my very first Thanksgiving away from home. But we'll be at home the weekend before Thanksgiving and we'll have to come back to Mississippi because we'll both have to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. And I don't want to turn around drive back to Bama as I don't want to over do it. Because the BIG DAY for Maggie and Bo is coming right up. Their wedding is Dec. 13th. Somewhere in all that, our church, the one I work out, wants to give us a baby shower. But we don't have the date set for it yet. Hmmm, now that I look at it this way, maybe I'll stay in pj's all day and do nothing as it appears this will be the last day for a long long time that I will be able to do so.

Ok, Ok, so that's enough for now. I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Halloween. It's time to gear up for Baby Showers and Wedding Showers and Thanksgiving now!!! And as Bailey kicks at the computer (I don't think she likes to hear my typing), it won't be long to her big arrival!!

No comments: