Friday, November 7, 2008

So

I don't have a baby book yet and I am starting to feel like I should. I do, however, have a pregnancy journal that I've somewhat written in over the past few months. So, should I finsih it up and have it at the baby shower on Sunday, rummage around and try to find one here in town, which probably wouldn't be too successful, or just not worry about it at the moment?

You know how I said I hadn't been nesting? Well in my mind, we get all of this stuff done, what's left besides a bunch of waiting. My deadline was Thanksgiving and that isn't quite here yet. We've still got about three more weeks. But we don't have a pack of diapers, not one bottle, nothing that she could really wear if she came on into the world early, not a wet-wipe, nothing to give her a bath with, no car seat to bring her home in... All we have is her bedroom furniture piled in her room and still haven't decided where we will put it all. I still have a few things to pack up and Sid still has a few boxes to put up. I still have to unpack her bedding, get it washed, and put on.

But for some reason I feel like I'm rushing her and would be getting way too excited if I were to just get it all done. On the other hand, it would be nice to have it done and not have it hanging over our heads.

I don't know how any of your pregnancies have gone, but mine have been like this: I was really really excited when I found out I was pg. I wanted to do it alllll right then. But my level-headed husband talked me out of it. So then came the stage of thinking we didn't need to do too much becasue what if something happened. I didn't want to have a full nursery done when, God-willing, anything could have still happened at that point. So I did nothing. Then after I was past the "worry date", I was sick and tired and tired of being sick and physically felt like doing nothing. I did clean out several several boxes, which was a first step and got us going. I did get the bed ordered and got it here. Sid did get the bed put together. Piece by piece it has come together, just not all the way and I'm being made to feel like it's now or never. Is this true? Or do I still have a little bit of time? I don't want to rush it and then be so prepared for her it feels like it takes another 10 months to get her here, but at the same time I don't want to appear as if I don't care. So I don't know what to do. What do you think?

No comments: