Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The War is On

I'm usually not the "warring" kind.  Ok, ok... so those of you that know me well may disagree.  But sometimes things come along that I just feel like I have to stand up and take a fight on.  Yeah, yeah, I 've slowed down with that in the past few months.  I've come to the conclusion that if people can live with themselves without my vast array of knowledge, well, by golly, then so can so I. 

No, seriously!  I'm just kidding.  But really, if you know me well, you know that I do stand up for what I believe in and let's just say that sometimes I have a hard time of seeing the other side's point of view.  Once my mind is made up and set on something or an idea, that's just it, there is no changing for me.  No backing up.

But tonight I'm wagging war!

ON THIS DARN STOMACH BUG!!!

I thought I told that creepy thing to get lost.  OH, not only did he not listen, he has now taken out my better half.

Poor Sid is just sick as a dog.  I don't know if things like this affect adults worse than children, but he is way worse than Bailey ever thought about being.  He texted me this morning while I was off-campus at a special ed meeting and told me he was sick.  And usually if he's sick, it's bad!

The meeting lasted all day and so when I was coming home I just stopped off at Nene's and picked Bailey up.  She spent the night with them last night and stayed there today and will go back to daycare tomorrow.  Thankfully, she seems to be kicking along at about 95%.  On the way home from picking her up, Sid called and said he needed to go to the urgent care clinic that stays open later in the day.  So I called Nene and she drove to our house and settled back in with Bay while we went.

Now, I don't mean to poke fun of poor Sid and hopefully I'll redeem myself in a minute.  But they tested him for the flu and everytime the doctor would ask him something, he'd just look at him like he couldn't speak and the doctor would look at me me like "well" and I'd have to answer.  So he wasn't earning points for himself.  The nurse swabbed his nose for the flu and you would have thought they were taking of biopsy of his brain matter by the way he jerked around and fussed.  Doesn't he know this just makes them poke around longer and further and harder just for kicks? 

Anyway, he nicely asked for a Sprite on ice and I politey went right up the road to Bumper's and got him one.  Which was a the biggest mistake of the day because five mintues later he was needed the trash can.  Now, I can handle alot of stuff, but puke from a grown man is not my strength, so I excused myself to hallway to let him have some privacy. 

Second biggest mistake of the day.  While I was standing out there I heard him yell, "HELP ME."  And so did everyone else.  Yeah, that almost earned us a trip to the ER for some observation time.  Thankfully, we ended up with two huge shots of Zofran (miracle drug) and Torodol.  And on the way home he was a new man, asking for some fresh ice and Sprite in his cup.  It has now been almost 2 hours and that Sprite has stayed down so I hope we have avoided the ER this go around.

But I just realized that this stinking stomach bug will cause me to be a single parent in the morning.  When I say it has taken out my better half I truely mean that.  Sid gets up first in the morning time and gets ready and gets Bay up and gets her dresseed and feeds her breakfast and gives her morning meds and takes her to daycare.  What do I do?  Oh, the usual.  Drag myself out of bed, becuase let's face it, I'm alot of things but a morning person I am not!  Get ready and get myself to work. 

Yep, that's right folks.  That's all I have to do in the mornings is get me ready and to work.  My wondeful husband does the rest.  I don't have to worry about a thing.  Now, I do have to get her bag ready at night so all he does is get her cup out of the fridge and go with it.  Her morning bottle is made so all he has to do is warm it.  Her clothes are laid out so all he has to do is put them on.  But let's face it, he does way more than most men ever thought about doing and for that I am so grateful. 

And for that I am one mad mama at this stomach bug.  I hope Sid feels better soon, like in the moring soon, because I really don't know how I'll get up and get us both ready and her to daycare and me to work all alone.  It's impossible to get a shower with her up and awake and as soon as she feels someone else stirring in the morning time she is up too.  She is so her daddy's child liking the morning like that.  But we'll see how it goes because we really don't have a choice, thanks to the crappy stomach bug!

I'm trying to stay awake to see the 10 o'clock news.  Nene said the high school was on there tonight.  I text my friend to see if she saw it and she did and just called to give me the scoop. Two students, girls none the less, were fighting in a knock down drag out.  Another student filmed it on her cell phone.  And the film showed the teacher standing in the corner doing nothing.  The parent of the girl that took the beating was upset because the teacher did nothing but the high school principal was interviewed and said the teacher followed protocol and guidelines and did nothing wrong.  We've heard it rumored this principal was moved to central office becuase of problems but she was on the news tonight still as the principal of the high school.  See how rumors go?  That's why you should always do your best to not get involved in them.  I may have more than reader faithful reader (hey pappaw) and so I'd like to take the time to encourage all of you (because I know my pappaw doesn't get in the gossip mill - he's way better than that!) to turn your ear and thoughts on rumors and stay out of it.  Do not stir the pot.  Rumors do all kinds of bad things to innocent people and sometimes the things that are said and spread follow these people.  Unless you know soemthing to be a fact, becuase you've seen it with your own eyes or heard with your own hears or smelled it with your own nose, don't get involved.  Rumors hurt innocent people.  Ok, that was not supposed to turn into a preaching, it was to say the high school made the news.

My war on the stomach bug is not a rumor!  It's the God's honest gospel and I can promise you that!

I'd like to also say please keep Sid's grandfather, grandmother, and father in your prayers.  His grandfather is suffering from late stages of alzheimer's and his grandmother has reached the point where she can no longer safely care for him.  They thought last week they had found somewhere to put him that all parties approved of, but found out today that he was denied.  Home health will be coming twice a day, but that's still not enough help for his grandmother.  It's just a very sad situation.  They had to call 911 the other night after he got choked.  It's just not good and the family has already entered into a state of mourning.  It's sad for me, and I didn't know him before the alzheimer's, I can only imagine how it is for his loved one's that knew him in his right mind.  Juts pray for the situation and I also have one unspoken request if you'll just remember that one as well!

Good night peeps!

Edited to say: You can go here to see the video of the fight and read about it.  I did stay up to see it and I just want to say that I would not have gotten involved either.  That one girl was giving the other a total beat down and I would not even know how to begin to get involved with something like that going on.  However, I was surprised to see that the teacher was a male. 

No comments: