Friday, February 12, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful!

Especially frightful for Mississippi!!!!

When I went to bed last night about 10:30, nothing was happening and school (for me anyway) was still on.  I woke up about 3 a.m. and couldn't stop thinking about what may be outside, so I got up and looked out the window.  The ground was solid white, you could still see some grass sticking up, but it was white and still coming down.  I drifted in and out of sleep the rest of the night, thinking about if school would be on or now.  I woke up about 5:00 a.m. and looked at my phone to see if anyone from school had texted me, but instead I had a text from Jennifer, the daycare director, saying no daycare today.  That was HUGE!  I figured it that were so then we sure not going to school either.  It has to be dire circumstances for Jennifer to call off daycare.  So anyway, when the alarm went off at 6: 00 a.m. and Bailey was still curled up snoozing, I didn't move, but Sid got up and came in the den and checked online.  I felt him come back to bed a few minutes later and that was my sign - NO SCHOOL, NO WORK, NO DAYCARE!!!!

I finally rolled out of bed about 7:30 a.m. and this is what I saw:

As you can see, the one on the right shows that there was still some grass showing, but it was coming down hard!

About 11:00 a.m., we had this:

The snow flakes were huge!  And it just kept on coming down.  Finally, about 1:00, it stopped snowing and then the sun started peeking through.  We went out to Ben and Kylie's and rode in the jeep through the pasture.  No pictures of that though, I was holding on to Bailey for dear life.  I didn't know we were going out for a literal "spin".  I thought we were going out for some sight seeing.  Oh no, not with Uncle Ben driving.  On the way, we saw lots and lots and lots of snowmen.  On the way home, we drove all over town.  It was pretty aparent that the entire town spent time outside today in the snow doing something - mostly building their snowmen!  Nene even emailed me a picture of the snowmen that the men at the electric company built this morning.  It was cute, it had one of those orange cones on it for it's hat!  Cute!

We did not get out and build a snowman.  Bailey apparently had a rough time at daycare yesterday and was running a little temp, but seemed ok last night.  We didn't think much of it, just figured it was teeth.  Well, this morning she woke up coughing, which can usually go downhill fast for us.  But I gave her both breathing treatments, one in which we usually on do as needed and she hasn't had in awhile, and she went back to sleep.  I laid down with her, thinking she wouldn't sleep too long, and she ended up sleeping almost 2 hours.  But when she woke up, she threw up all over me and the bed and was running a 103 temp.  But she was acting perfectly fine.  All this happened before we went to Ben and Kylie's and she was perfectly fine there, too.  She continues to have a temp when the motrin wears off, but she hasn't thrown up anymore.  She isn't interested in eating much, but is drinking like normal, if not more.  So that's good!  I guess we'll see how tonight goes and how she is in the morning and I may carry her to Urgent Care just to be on the safe side. 

But anyway, we did let her get a good look at it when we got home because it will most likely be gone soon once morning rolls around again.  There are warning that tonight and in the morning the roads will be bad because all that slush is expected to freeze.  Here are some pictures from our little snow photo shoot.  Only thing is, you wouldn't really know we got any snow by looking at most of these!




They both look so very deep in thought.  OH and notice Sid's new Northface jacket he has on.  That was his Valentine Day present from me and Bay!  He got it early just because it was cold and snowy!




And last, but not least, here are a few of the yard and house.  I couldn't get the whole house in the frame because I had the big lense on.  But you get the picture!!





I'll be ready to get up in the morning and see what kind of condition we have after a good night's cold sets in with all this wet stuff! 

Did you get any snow?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Bailey looks PRECIOUS in her outfit! What a Winter Wonderland, huh? We got some of the white stuff here in Louisiana, too! Be sure to check out my blog tomorrow. I'll be selling some of Alise's very nice dresses - getting ready for our local upscale consignment that's coming up in a few weeks! Some things may be too big, but maybe you can find something for ahead of time. Have a great weekend!