Sunday, July 17, 2011

The View From the iPhone

I was in the market for a new phone lately and all I knew was that I wanted a smart phone but did not want an iphone.  I went with the HTC Inspire and I must say I really really loved the phone.  It has a big screen on it, I had downloaded a book and was reading it straight from my phone (I worried that the screen would be too small, but it was perfect), I could access the Internet just as fast, if not faster, than I could on my laptop, plus it had a 9 mp camera with a flash.  The phone packages that we had before I got a smart phone did not include the data package needed to run a smart phone, so we knew we would have to add one.  Knowing that I was spending plenty of time at home and that the phone had the capability of running off of our wi-fi, I went with the smallest data package.  MISTAKE!!!! Not three weeks into have the phone, I got a text message that indicated I had used up all my allotted data for the month.  I about threw up!!! Seriously.  If there is one thing I learned from previous phone mistakes, it's not to pay the phone company for my stupidity.  I immediately called ATT and they allowed me to go up the next package with incurring the data over charges. 

While I had them on the phone, I explained to them that I did not understand how I already gone over the usage, as a whole week of the 3 weeks I knew I was at home and never left.  I had the guy check a time period and although it wasn't alot, sure enough, my smart phone was out-smarting me. At night, when I didn't use it for several hours, it took itself off our wi-fi and put itself on the ATT network, using data that I had to pay for.  But what was it looking for? Turns out my smart phone was just too smart and was automatically checking things like email even though I was asleep and could have cared less if someone emailed me.  I mean, I'm not the president of the US, and I don't have business partners that need me all the time.  I could see where some people would  need what this phone would do, but I didn't.  The ATT guy put me in touch with HTC and I thought we had the phone set up to do nothing but make and receive calls and text messages, unless I told it to do something else. I didn't need it using it's own smartness and running up a big bill.

At the same time, I knew I hadn't had the phone 30 days and was still well within my time to return the Inspire.  I went the next day to the ATT store and asked a couple of questions.  Come to find out, I had one of the smartest smart phones on the market and even though I thought I had it turned off to do everything, the guy at the store showed me what all was still running.  I was shocked to find out that You Tube was constantly updated itself at my expense.  Who needs You Tube to update every 2 seconds. The guy also informed me that the Inspire was such a smart phone and just did so much that it was going to take more than the smallest data package to run it each month. 

I knew right then and there I had to part with my beloved phone.  And since I was told that all android phones pretty much are just that smart, I decided to go ahead and get the iphone.  We have an ipod touch that we all three use, so that's why I was trying to go with something different.  I will have to say that I do not like the iphone as much as I did the phone that was run by android.  But, I know what the phone is doing.  It does not outsmart me.  Kylie, on the other hand, had the same phone and she could not wait to go back to the iphone.  By the way, I haven't paid to say any of this.  This is just my honest reflection on a phone situation.

My iphone, which is the 3Gs, does have an ok camera to snap random pictures with, but it doesn't have a flash and it doesn't seem that the pictures change to my computer/blog at a very high quality.  Never the less, I'm still always on a the look out for a good picture. 

So, what's the view been looking like lately???

Mammie, Sid's grandmother, Nene's mother, has a bucket of beads and every single great grand child that I have ever seen enter the doors to her house have enjoyed these beads just like this.  Bailey insists on putting them on each and every time she is there.  Mammie just recently had to move to an assisted living and the day she moved, she reminded everyone she needed to take her bucket of beads for all her great grands!!



This is how we eat our cheese.  I'm not sure where or how she got this from, but she's always put her piece of cheese on her arm and torn off little bites at a time to eat.

Bailey was laying in the bed with me earlier and wanted her doll up close to her head.  She informed me that "my doll comfortable."  I was glad!!

This picture is out of order, but this is Mammie with Bailey and the beads.

Yesterday, Sid took Bailey to the fair grounds sometime around nap time and dropped her off at her his other grandmother's camper, thinking she would nap while he went to the cabin to work for a little bit.  Well, needless to say, she didn't nap, and I didn't figure she would.  So after playing all day long, we ate a bite of supper and Bailey got rinsed off before we headed home.  As you can see, it was not even completely dark yet.  She has gotten to where she doesn't really fall asleep in the car anymore because she doesn't get a paci in the car anymore.  But last night, before we could make it home, she was out.  I watched her fall asleep, too, and she fought it hard.  This was about 7:30.

This was a few weeks ago, and I don't even know where we were going.  But Bailey has been carrying that book around because it has an alligator in it and she is obsessed with alligators, thanks to Swamp People.  But I thought the sun shades were an added rock star touch!


And I hate it this picture is so small. I will have to go back and re-load it a different size like I did the others, but this is how we do bath time when mama is 7 1/2 months pregnant with twins.  We just get it down any way we can.  Even if it includes sun glasses and our sonic drink!!! haha!!! 

We have enjoyed our lazy Sunday at home.  It's been quite some time since Sid has had some time to just rest and he has taken full advantage of the day.  Next weekend is the open weekend of the fair and his weekend to work.  The the next weekend is closing weekend of the fair and they will have to close down the fair cabin.  Plus it's the weekend before I hopefully go back to work AND will be in about week 34.  EEEKKK!!! We probably should have used today to get some baby equipment from the attic and cleaned it up.  Oh well!!!

No comments: