Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stuff About Bailey

 

 

 

 


This post could be lengthy. Sorry in advance. First of all, Sid and I spent about 3 hours in Bailey's room yesterday and for those of you who knew what it looked it like before, there are some pics of what it looks like now. And for those of you who don't know what it looked like before, Sid and I both couldn't get in the room and work at the same time and you couldn't even see the floor. So we made MAJOR progress. One more Saturday in her room and we'll be ready to start buying baby furniture. I wonder if Sid was really ready for us to clean that room out! haha! I wish I had taken a before picture so you all could see the progress. But I'll post pics when we are done and of course throughout the "getting the room ready" process.

Here in Philadelphia, they give "happies". We might have had those in Bama too, and I might have missed it, but I don't think so. So here's the deal: whenever you want to give someone a small "thinking of you" gift or you know when you run across something that reminds you of a friend and think how you'd like to get it for them "just because". Well that's what a happy is. So about a week ago, Bailey got her first happy. A lady on the Weekday Children's Ministry Committee (the daycare/kindergarten committee) came by to see me and she gave me a "happy". When I opened it up I found those two teeny tiny pairs of knitted shoes. She said she just couldn't wait until a shower and wanted me to know she was thinking about me. How blessed we are!!! So I took them home to show Mom when we went and I knew she didn't look as excited about those cute little feetsie things as I did, but come to find out, it's because she had already gotten Bailey some booties like that. So Mimi gave Bailey her THIRD pair of shoes that weekend!!! I just love them all and think it's amazing how tiny those things can be. Mimi got Bailey some other things too, but we weren't allowed to bring those home yet since Mimi isn't finished with them.

Sid and I went shopping last night. The first time we've been shopping together in a long, long time. Belk's was having a great sale and Sid got him some shorts for next summer and I wanted somes shoes, but couldn't find what I was looking for. We got some accessories for the bedroom since we hadn't done that since we got the new bedroom suit. I'll post pics of that when the bed is made up, haha! But most of all, we got Bailey several little outfits and even bought her her first beach outfit. We can't wait!!!

Other than all that, it's been a pretty quite week. Nothing really new to note. Bailey moves around so much I wonder if she EVER sleeps and it feels as if she's having a grand time with my bladder most of the time.

Dad got the last ultrasound video off the tape and onto a DVD for me and I know it works because it works on the TV but I can't figure out how to download it to the computer. I wanted to post it because you can see her perfectly in in. But maybe I'll figure that out soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: