Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Man The Hormones

Are raging. I went almost 9 whole, well 8 whole months, with only a few minor headaches and the trigeminal neuralgia was pretty much under control. I suppose it's the changes that my body is going through now, but I am going on two days with a vicious headache. Of course, it's raining and that doesn't help. Added to the fact that my sleep pattern is now all off, and you get a headache from me anyway. Needless to say, the tylenol bottle stays close by. I just hope it works itself out soon! I did go the doctor yesterday for my 2 week post-partum check-up and my incision is great and healed and all was well. Well, expect for that pesky high blood pressure that doesn't want to go away. But the doctor feels comfortable in not treating it for now. I didn't even know it was still high until it was checked at the doctor's office. I go back in 4 weeks and should be dismissed at that point.

My sweet, little baby girl is now eating at least 3 ounces of milk, sometimes more, at her feedings. And she is still pretty much waking up every four hours to eat. So she is for sure growing. We are trying to get her to sleep in her pack in play when she naps and at night (which is in our bedroom only steps away from me), but she will only stay there for about an hour and then she cries to be picked up and/or moved closer to wherever we are. So sometimes she does end up in the bed with us. I know, I know. Mama is trying hard to get that under control. The closer we get to her due date, the more she stays awake and the more alert she is. She goes for her first well baby check-up tomorrow and then we will see the pediatric opthmologist on the 15th just to have a check-up, which is standard given her birth age and the oxygen she was on.

I'm trying not to sleep during the day when she sleeps but sometimes its hard. I just don't want to get used to a nap and then BAM, have to go back to work and not get a nap. And speaking of work, man is it ever going to be hard to leave my baby in that baby room, even though I feel very comfortable and confident with the daycare that I run. It's just different when it's your own I guess.

1 comment:

Shelia12 said...

HeY Girl,

You may have the head head with BP being high I keep a Headache when I had Dade because my Blood Pressure was high. If it doesn't go away in a couple of days u may want to let your Dr know.