Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Update on Bailey

Well, we met the local pediatrician in Oneonta today. I really liked him, but I did not like what he had to say. Bailey has pneumonia. He did say it looked like her ears were responding to the current antibiotic, but changed what she was taking to something that would cover both the ears and the pneumonia. I don't know what it was, but it was like the instant she got it she started to feel better. She hasn't even coughed that much. Needless to say, we didn't get out much the past two days, but Bailey has gotten her some much need Mimi and Poppy T time! I told Mom tonight I think she likes Poppy T more than any of us. That's probably because he plays the guitar for her!!!

I don't know when we will head back to Mississippi. Friday at the earliest!

Erin and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things that we needed, not related at all to cooking a Thanksgiving meal, and it was WILD! W-I-L-D!! Why? Why do people wait until 6:00 the night before to go do all that shopping? I was a bit stressed when we finally got out of that place, so much so that I forgot the one thing that originally prompted the trip to Wal-Mart, and I had a list. That's pretty bad.

On a funny note, Dad has been waiting all day for this thing to come in that he ordered for his Christmas lights. They have shrubs all along the house that look like mini-Christmas trees so they are prefect for lights. There are seven of them and he ordered this thing to make them dance like they are set to music. They probably will be before it's all over, but anyway he waited by the door like a little kid and the UPS truck never came. When I left for Wal-Mart about 4:30 he was just so disappointed thinking his stuff wasn't coming today. Well, when I pulled in Wal-Mart the UPS truck was just sitting there so I stopped to ask them how much longer they would be delivering and it just so happened that the UPS guy let me get Dad's treat. But boy was Erin confused. This is what she asked me, "Aunt Bah, how do you get stuff from the UPS guy that you don't even order?" I guess the poor little thing was asking in a nice way if I had just robbed the UPS guy! And the sad thing is if I would have just let the UPS truck deliver, Dad would have gotten it way before we returned it with because once again, people wait until the night before to do major grocery shopping for the biggest meal of the year. CRAZY!!!

Happy Turkey Day Eve!!

No comments: