Sunday, December 6, 2009

First Weekend in December

Well, the holiday's have begun now that December is here.  I have been practicing with the choir at church since about August so that I could participate in the Christmas music, which was this weekend on Saturday and Sunday night.  To start the weekend off, I had practice for a few hours Friday night and had to miss the Pilot Club Christmas Party.  Sid and Bailey hung out together at home.


Look who showed up at our house late Saturday morning!  Mimi and Poppy T came to hear the Christmas music and see Miss Bailey Boo!  Bay and I were outside putting the new camera to use and she was so excited when their car stopped at our house and they got out. 

Jerry's side of his extended family always gets together at the Holiday's and that happened to be this weekend, too, on Saturday.  For some reason, Friday night Bay did not sleep well at all!  I was up with her til about 2:00 a.m. and Sid had to get up with her before 6 on Saturday morning.  He wanted to leave around 10 and Bailey was in desperate need of a nap, so she and I didn't make it this year.  I'm sad we didn't get to go, and she could have forgone the nap if it wasn't going to be an extra long day for her on top of no sleep the night before. 


(She wore this to church Sunday.)  Saturday night everyone came to the Christmas music, including Bailey, even though it started at her bedtime.  I couldn't really see her that well, just her bow every now and then.  But they said she had the best time listening and even helped direct the music.  I don't doubt that because she puts that pointer finger to some pretty good use most of the time.  Her cough is finally gone but she has the cruddiest nose I've ever seen, which is probably either from just the bad cold or all those darn teeth that are coming in.  I think the snotty nose is what's keeping her from sleeping so well, but we are using the saline spray and suction bulb, it's just so far up in her head and there's just so much of it.  Anyway, other than that, she is just her happy, smiling self!



I wanted to take some pictures of her with the Christmas tree when we got home from church this afternoon.  As you can see, she wanted to inspect the ornaments.  I don't have wrapped Christmas presents under the tree right now for this very reason. 

Mom and Dad visited this morning before they left to head back home.  Too bad they missed seeing this guy in the feild across from our house......
and too bad for Sid we live in the city limits where it's illegal for him to shoot Bambi.  I would die if he EVER shot a poor deer in front of me or my sweet girl, espeically in our front yard!

Bailey was so worn out from yesterday and this morning that she slept right through church this morning, ate her some lunch at the Mexican resturant with Uncle Ben, Aunt Kylie, Mason and Brady, and then came home and took another two hour nap.  I had to be back at the church early tonight before the music for pictures, so Sid and NeNe brought her later and during the music tonight, in a crowded santuary, I heard "mama" and I knew immediatly that was my baby girl.  It struck a chord to know that out of over a hundred people, I could know that sweet voice anywhere, calling me mama!  How could this sweet thing not strike a chord in your heart no matter what she is doing?

I just can't get enough of her.  She crashed out shortly after we got home!  And finally, we did mangage to get a picture of all of us in front the tree before church this morning.


I'm hoping sometime next week we can go
 see santa and do some final Christmas shopping. 

You know I mentioned earlier that I got two books for me and Sid to read during this Christmas season and I'm not liking either one of them.  As a matter of fact, I haven't even reminded Sid that we have them.  I'm trying to muddle through at least one of them.  But whatever is going on this Christmas season, where ever you are in your life, I just encourage you to slow down and remember the true meaning of Christmas.  Remember that it's not about me, me, me and presents and how much we can rack up under the Christmas tree.  But it's about that sweet baby boy, born in a stable, with a manger for his bed, that came to save the world, to save us from ourselves.  We are far from perfect, any of us, but that sweet baby boy grew to be a man, a man who so unselfishly gave his life, was forsaken and we were forgiven.  Don't forget that this busy holiday season, as it is so easily done.  You know, now that I am a Mom, I think sometimes about God and the gift of His son that He gave us.  And it is so hard to wrap my mind around the love that He has for us, to give His son's life.  As a mother, I don't know how you ever just give up your child, especially as a sacrifice, knowing what was going to happen.  But God knew the end result and I just encourage you not to let that ultimate sacrifice go to waste.  I'm usually not one to get all preachy, but this is the season of Glad Tidings and Good News.  Don't miss out on or forget the Good News.  The Good News that Jesus was born, died, and rose again, all for us, for me and for you so that we may have life and life eternal.  I'm so thankful for that at this point in my life and I hope you are, too!

Be on the lookout tomorrow for that special picture of our girl in her special Christmas outfit that she got in the mail last week!  It's gonna be a cute one!

No comments: