Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

I just don't know what to think. I mean, I keep looking at weatherchannel.com and CNN and the weather channel on TV and they are for sure saying this is gonna be a big storm. Then I listen to what people here in Philadelphia, so far away from where Katrina came upon land, went through when she did, I just don't know what to think.

I can tell you that according to what I'm reading and watching, New Orleans is NOT playing around this time. They are saying looters will go straight to the Big House right into the general population there. They are saying those that don't get out will be left behind, no federal assistance to get out. The Super Dome will not be open. Just a mandatory evacuation that says get out and you better dang well better do it.

I guess my friends and family in Alabama are safe and sound since we got nothing from Katrina there when she came through. But it ain't looking good for the home teams here in Mississippi and Lousianna.

No comments: