So it Saturday, actually it's 5:00 p.m. on Saturday evening and what I have done today? Not a darn thing, and I have so enjoyed it. I am actually at home today because I want to be, not because I am sick and can't go anywhere. Leslie told me a few weeks ago that the best advice she ever got when she was pregnant was to enjoy sitting on her own couch and reading her own book in her own time without any interruptions. I'm usually pretty good at sitting on my own couch and reading what I want to, as my love for buying and reading good books is an argument at my house in place of the "you spent what on clothes or shoes today" argument. Sid says I spend an ungodly amount of money per month on books. But I read them and I enjoy it and I don't think there is such a thing of spending too much money on books. Not books for me or books for children. The problem is I finished the last book I bought just a few nights ago. So I've been surfing the web today. I came across this cool web app called "Stumble". You download it and it adds a link in your tool bar. You customize it by plugging in topics you are interested in. When you have the time, you go "stumbling" and the click the link. It randomly finds you websites to read that relate to your interests. I'm not sure what I might have said my interest was to get a page like this, but I did enjoy it and thought I'd share.
Here's the link: http://www.bluinc.com
And here's the blip from the website I liked:
Ten Rules for Being Human
by Cherie Carter-Scott
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's yours to keep for the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, "life."
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately "work."
4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There's no part of life that doesn't contain its lessons. If you're alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better a place than "here." When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie within you. The answers to life's questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.
I don't know why this struck me as being something profound today, but it did. Take the time to reflect upon it.