Monday, June 2, 2008

Just a quick, pleasant update

Today was a WONDERFUL day!!! I know there will be hectic days ahead, but for a first day, it was great. There is alot of paperwork to do on Monday mornings, like debiting accounts for fees from last week and crediting accounts for fees paid Friday or today. Plus I have two really big jobs at hand, which are getting a new parent handbook with updated policies in place and then starting an after school program this fall. Sooooo, there is lots of work to be done. But the caregivers were all there today and everybody was so helpful and did a great job. I got tickled a few times though. In the lunch room today, a kid yelled out, "Hey there's the principal." The lady who retired's name is Mrs. Janie. One kid looked at me and said, "There's the new Mrs. Janie." Another time, a class was lined up in the hallway and a kid slammed my office door. So I got up and went out there and jokingly asked who slammed my door. One kid looked up at me and said, "That's not your door, that's Mrs. Janie's door. " I got sooooo tickled at that. She was defiantly missed by the children today and I know she missed them too. I only had to call her one time today. So all in all, it was a great day. Sid even took me to lunch.

Oh, and guess how many times I've felt sick today....NOT ONE TIME... I am so thankful for that. I'm starting to think I might have had a stomach bug because it got worse as the week went on and then over the weekend it was bad bad bad. But ever since it was bad, I've felt much better. Let's hope it stays that way.

The guy who was suppose to come do our dirt work since February is finally here this afternoon and Sid's so excited he can't stand it. We now have a back yard was as before we just had a big slope. But the guy is out there with his back hoe digging the hill out and making it flat back there. Sid's going to build the new bank up with cross ties and then we will lay some type of "floor" for a patio out there. He's really excited. I'll post pictures when it gets all done. Right now Sid's gone down the road to get a tractor to come back and I guess use it to put the dirt that he dug up somewhere else. I don't know, I'm just glad I have an excuse not to be out in the hot weather!!!!!

No comments: