Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I had to post this.
Baby Gender Predictor
Baby Gender Predictor


My dad, who is also named Poppy T by his first grand baby Erin, predicted this baby is a girl. I think he's right. It won't be long before we will all know.

Happy Father's Day the best Dad in the whole wide world - Poppy T!!!!!

Sid and I went to Alabama Friday afternoon and spent the night with Mom and Dad. The phone at their house rang at 4:10 a.m. and I couldn't go back to sleep. Sid got up early and got a shower and went with Mom and Dad to Wal-Mart. I thought it was much much later than it was when I got out of bed, only to find out it was a mere 7:27 a.m. I ate my left over Craker Barrel and snuggled on the couch with the dog while they went to Wal-Mart and breakfast. Sid spent the morning outside with Mom and Dad as they did yard work and I was just lazy.

Dad went to the doctor Friday for an eye check up and got a clean bill of health. The doctor gave him no restrictions and to this he asked if that meant he could work in the garden. But they don't have a garden. So the doctor really didn't tell him he could "landscape" but he did say no restrictions. I believe he enjoyed himself and was a bit ill at those of us who implied he needed to take it easier.

Sid and I went to Target and ate at Jim and Nick's before heading back to Mississippi. We got some great stuff. We got several really nice picture frames that are already matted to frame some of our wedding pictures, some new pitchers to make the juices I am so frequently craving lately, several boxes of Capri Suns (b/c again I'm craving juices), I got a new book that I've already read half of, etc. etc. etc.

Sid and I have been kicking around the idea of buying a steam mop for our wood and ceramic floors. Sid didn't want to fork out the money for one and I wasn't sure exactly if it would work or not. But Friday morning, I woke up extra early and watched some stupid, typical infomercial on T.V. for this "as seen on T.V." steam mop. I almost ordered but didn't. While in Target I conveniently breezed through this section of cleaner machines and pointed it out to Sid. We decided we'd look online for the one I'd seen on T.V because it seemed to come with more stuff. The main problem we have with the floors is the water drying and leaving streaks. While I was reading about this product on line last night I noticed all the bad reviews of it said the steam mop puts more water on the floor than the infomercial lets on and it takes forever to dry. There isn't suppose to be alot of standing water on the kind of floor that we have so I was not sold on the idea. This afternoon Sid wanted to see the steam mop website and I proceeded to tell him what I had learned. I told him I thought we should buy one at a local store so we could take it back if we didn't like it. I looked up steam mops at Wal-Mart and came across this machine by Hoover called Hoover Floor Mate. You use tap water and this specific Hoover floor cleaner. There are three settings. One to dry vacuum to get up the lose stuff, one to wet vac where you pull the trigger and it lets out the water/cleaner solution as it scrubs the floor with all these rotating brushes, and then a wet vac setting to go back over it and vacuum over where you've just cleaned to dry the floor. Sid went to Wal-Mart to get it and all I can say is WE LOVE IT!!!!!

We'll be going out to Sid's parents for supper in a little bit. I have felt good this weekend except for this nagging headache. Sid has been so good. He fixed me a hot dog for lunch, which I have been craving for days. And he let me lay around this morning and read and nap. Happy Father's day to you too, Sid!!!! I love you!!!!

No comments: