Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Guess I Need to Update

Since, YOU, my friends, are asking for it. Yes, I did leave the First Methodist daycare. Long story and not too much of it do I wish to share here on "National TV". But I will say this, God works and He intercedes for us when we don't have the strength to do so. While I was out on maternity leave, there was a special education job on the reservation posted. I went and got an application and filled it out and left it sitting on my dining room table for weeks. And I went back to work at the daycare. The day before job posting was to close I decided to give it one last look over and turn it in. So that was done. I had a few friends who knew the principal over this job and they so graciously put in a good word for me. One of them was even on the daycare board at the Methodist Church. She works on the reservation and was actually the one who talked me into going through with putting in the application. I guess I will be in debt to her for some time to come. So anyway, I finally got a call to interview. Let me stop here and say that at this point, the ONLY reason I was even thinking about a different job was for insurance/benefit purposes. I was not really seriously looking at this point. So I went to the interview and felt pretty good about it. Oh, and I should also point out that the application cleary stated someting to the effect that Choctow Inidians who apply for the said job would be given first priority. So I was thinking surely a Choctaw would apply and that would boot me out of the running. But there was no way for me to know this. Anyway, I'm getting lengthy. I never heard anything from the principal but I did hear from my friend who knew her and worked out there that I was being recommended for the job. Finally I did eventually hear from the principal and she did tell me she had recommended me but they usually like to keep it private until it was voted on and signed off on because the other people out that interviewed would then recieve a letter telling them they didn't get the job. I set out try to figure out what I could work out at the daycare as far as insurance. Bailey and I are on my Cobra for the school year before last and it is up in January 2010. Just didn't want you to think we were without insurance through all this.

And...then...Bailey got sick. Really sick. And I pretty much missed work at the daycare from April 23rd until after her second surgery in Jackson at the end of May. And when I went back, things just weren't as I had left them. And so I decided that in the end, going back into education with the job I secured not knowing I would REALLY need it was the thing for me and my family. The best part of the not so good situation was that I was able to firmly decide that going back into education was the right choice and it gave me the summer off with Bailey to let her chill and heal.

So, the question about where to send her to daycare presented itself. It's not that I don't trust the daycare at First Methodist. I mean, those employees were my employees after all and I trust each and every one of them with my baby and your's. But Sid and I decided to visit First Baptist again and decided it was the place where we needed to raise Bailey and where we felt most at home to worship. And it just so happened that they had a spot open for a church memeber's child in Bailey's age group. So we decided it would be best for her to go there since that's the church she would grow up in.

And the effects of it being just me and Bailey all summer long are rearing it's ugly head. She is screaming at me so I must go but I'll add more later!!!

No comments: