Monday, July 13, 2009

What A Weekend

This was quite possibly the longest week end I have had in a long, long time. Friday night Sid and I took Bailey and went to eat Mexican. Well, I ate Mexican. Sid had a hamburger and fries. Bailey enjoyed her time in her the big girl high chair looking around and talking and she is just the kind of baby that draws people in. Almost all of the workers came over and talked to her and she just loved that. We then went to Peeples and spent some time looking around as NeNe had informed us they were having a great sale. And they were! By this time it was 7, which is Bailey's bedtime. But we decided we'd just let her sleep in the car seat and we rode out to the fair ground. Ahhh, the Neshoba Count's almost that time again...but that's a whole different story. Anyway, she did sleep so when we got home she was up and off schedule. She didn't want to go back to sleep and so we were sort of up and down all night. It is just the weirdest thing with her because her eyes aren't open but she is talking to us and moving around like she's awake. So anyway, Sid finally got up with her early Saturday morning (Thank Goodness!!) and I got a little sleep. I guess she was really tired by nap time because she took an awesome nap in her bed Saturday afternoon and then we went swimming at Kylie's mom's house with all them and Mason. She LOVED this!!! We were able to stay for about 3 hours and it was so nice. I wish I had taken my camera because I got the cutest picture of her on my phone in her swim suit, hat, sunglasses, and paci in her mouth. I laugh every time I look at it.

Ok, now let me back up to Friday while Bailey was at daycare. First of all, I called to check on her and she was doing really good. Then, when I got there to pick her up about 2:30, she was just playing and having a good time and seemed to have cared less that I was there. So anyway, I went to Wal-Mart to get baby food and they had nothing. My mom always says that the Wal-Mart in Oneonta is the worst ever, but I can assure her she should have only the Wal-Mart in Philly to rely on and she'd understand this. But I digress....I decided, on a whim, to get veggies from the freezer section that are packaged in microwavable steam bags to make some baby food for Miss Bailey. And it would have been fine if I had stopped there, but I didn't. I thought, well, if I'm making homemade veggie stuff, why not do fruits too. So I gathered up some fruits such as strawberries, bananas, apples, pears, blueberries, etc and made up some her favorites such as pear blueberry oat and apples with blueberries. But here seems to be the difference. The commercial baby food version is smooth and creamy and the Barbie version was pulpy even though I pureed and pureed. But I just figured that was an obvious difference in commercial and homemade and proceeded to pack it all away in the fridge and freezer. She ate some Friday night and some Saturday afternoon and night. (I have since learned I should have mixed in some plain yogurt to make it more creamy and not so lumpy.)

Now, fast forward back to Saturday night after swimming. Bailey was worn out. And she was so ready for bed about 6:30 or so. But soon after we laid down, she started throwing up like she had done earlier in the week. Mostly, it seemed to just be the pulp from the blueberries like she wasn't able to digest it or something. But this lastest all night long and finally about 3:00 I just got up with her to rock because she was so restless laying down. And she continued on until Sunday morning like this. Sid finally got up around 7 and I passed her off and got a little sleep. But she continued to be sick when Sid had her Sunday morning too. We didn't give her the reflux med or formula. Instead I fixed her some pedilyte with a little juice because she hates the flavor of pedilyte we happen to have left over from the hospital. She didn't eat much yesterday. But we have decided to do away with the homemade fruits and Sid went to Wal-Mart yesterday to buy the commercial version so we could go ahead and do away with what we think the problem was.

I stayed at home all day long with her yesterday and Sid went on to his Mom's to eat lunch. NeNe came and kept her last night while we went to church. We had planned earlier in the week to do our baptism last night at church so we had to go ahead and get that done. I am officially Baptist now. I'm excited about this church and the opportunities that we have in store for us as a part of this church family. But I can't help but think of this as one more major life change for me since moving to Mississippi. I wonder just how many things are really a part of who I am that I'll have to change to feel at home here. But again, I digress....

So Bailey Boo is at daycare this morning as she has not thrown up or tried to throw up since yesterday morning. She took a good bottle this morning and seemed to be happy. She hasn't run any fever at all. The only other thing we could think it was is that she loves to drink the pool water and she could have either digested a bug or just too much pool water and it made her feel yucky. But I just don't know.

Not much time left before I go back to work and I'm ready to get back at it. I plan to spend this week getting things in order that need to be gotten in order and things done that I've put off all summer long. But most of all I plan to love on and just spend as much time as possible with my Bailey Girl.

No comments: