Thursday, May 15, 2008

Here We Go Again

The offical time as I start to blog tonight is 10:52 p.m. and this is the second time I've been up since trying to go to sleep at around 9:30 p.m. I don't understand. When I got in the bed, I was exhausted, had a headache, and couldn't wait to put my head on the pillow. And I was fine with the light on reading, but as soon as that light clicked off, there I went, into wide awake mode.

I have found that around 10:30 p.m. I am hungry when at 10:29 p.m. I was not. And I have found that it doesn't matter what time I eat supper or what I eat for supper. At 10:30 p.m., I'm going to be wanting a snack. And do you know what kind of snack I've polished off this week at 10:30 every night? A box of mini-saltines. No, not a whole box each night. But I have eaten the whole box over the period of the last three or four nights. Oh, but guess what? Tricia, this one is for you. Guess how many Dr. Pepper's I've actually had today. Now, before you go guessing in the high numbers, let me remind you that just recently I was able to cut down to two a day. So the answer has to be less than two. Yep, only one today. I didn't have a craving for that night time Dr. Pepper tonight so I just didn't get one. My wonderful husband bought me a huge case of Sprite and put the whole thing in the fridge the other night. So I've been knocking off the caffiene milligrams, too. Although, I did read in the What To Expect book that it's safe to have around 200 mgs of caffiene a day. A Dr. Pepper only has 35 mgs, so I was safe with what I was drinking. But believe it or not, I just didn't want my night time one. Hmmmmmm!

I decided that I'd skip my mega pre-natal vitamin since it is souped up with B6. I was thinking that might be what was keeping me awake. But no, that must not be it, because it's still happening.

So Sid brought us our special lunch today and he sat in the classroom with us while we ate it. I had three that ate McDonald's, one that ate his usual KFC mashed potatoes, and one that didn't eat much due to a siezure earlier in the morning. But we had fun and the pictures actually turned out cute. We had to take a class picture ourselves and I'm getting them developed for the parents since my class didn't get called the day they took class pictures. I'll have to post a pic of it. Anyway, Sid told tonight that he enjoyed sitting in there with us. He said he realized how much we all take things granted as he sat and watched a handful of children eat McDonald's chicken nuggets like it was the best meal they'd ever been given. Now, I have to add here that my kids all come from great families and probably get more than you and I get. But they were sooooo excited to have chicken nuggets and not lunchroom and were so thankful for it. On that note, we all need to be a little more grateful for what we have than we probably are. I know I do need to be at least.

Ok, I'm going to try this again. Maybe I'll have some luck. But I hope I don't already have to start sleeping on the couch. Last night, I ended up having to and then around 3:00 a.m. a big boom of thunder woke me up and scared me half to death. So at least all that has moved on out.

No comments: