Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

It's been a busy and crazy couple of days since school got out on Friday. A little "edited to add" piece of info: When Ne Ne got here last Friday night with our KFC chicken, she had kids meal and a big 10 piece meal because she changed her mind half way through the order and they already had some of it fixed. So she did come in with enough food to feed an army. However, I ate a few bites of potatoes and about 3 bites of chicken and had to excuse myself. She got paid back for making fun of me since KFC gave her a bunch of free food, BUT I did not get to enjoy it. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Saturday, Sid got me up to get ready to go to Jackson to see his grandparents that live there and I was STILL sick at my stomach. He had cooked breakfast and had taken a shower before waking me up so I just thought it might have been the smells. But on and off all day, I didn't feel good. We did, however, have a great time. We took his grandparents to eat at their fav pizza place. The rest of the fam was there too because Brady was playing ball in Jackson. They always stay with the grandparents when Brady plays ball nearby. Sid and I went to the mall in Jackson which is very nice. We ate supper at Zaxby's and stopped by the Motherhood store on the other side of Jackson before heading back home. My jeans aren't too small yet, but they do feel uncomfortable unless I have them pulled way up high. So I got a new pair of jeans and some shorts. I like the shorts, they wear good, but the jeans are just a little too lose right now. It rained on us on the way home and by the time we got home, I was so tired. Didn't have problems going to bed.

Sunday, I got up and got ready and left for Alabama. I felt fine when I got up and was doing ok on the way home. I stopped at Cracker Barrel for some hash brown casserole in Tuscaloosa. It was yum, yum, yummy. But then I was very tired. By the time I got to Oneonta, I was completely given out. Erin was still napping so I went to Maggie and Bo's and rested up. At dinner time, Bo wanted pizza and that sounded good. So we went to Pizza Hut, but around 5:30 p.m, here came that nagging in my throat, oh my goodness I'm going to toss my cookies feeling. Erin went to play on the Slip and Slide at the neighbors house when she got up from her nap and I desperately wanted to see her. We went over there and it'd come in waves. I'd feel ok, then not ok. Finally, at around 8:00 we went back to Bo's, where I decided to spend the night. Maggie and Bo made the extra bed up for me and I went to bed, just in time for the "NO SLEEP TONIGHT" to kick in. I did feel better as the night went on, but I bet you I didn't sleep but just a few hours, off and on. I'm also waking up more in the middle night needing to T.T., which is really strange for me.

I was up bright and early on Monday morning and Bo went and got us a gravy and biscuit. Mom and Dad were home from a wedding they went to in North Carolina by this time and had gone to get Erin. They then took her to Wal-Mart and bought a Slip and Slide and a pool for Mom's side yard. It was a nice morning/early afternoon and we all sat outside watching Erin and the neighbor play in the water. But, of course, I got hot and started to not feel well. I went in to cool off and Macy, Mom's dog, wanted to see me. So I laid down and snuggled with her for a bit. Chris brought his golf cart with his big sprayer on it to go spray my granddad's yard and I rode with him up to his house to visit. We weren't there long and it was a nice visit, as always, but I just did not feel good and could not stop yawning. He even gave me a plant I forgot to take. Sorry Pap-paw, don't give it away to some other undeserving grandchild. I'll come back to get it. I promise.

I laid down when we got back home because I didn't feel well and everyone else was napping. Finally, I fell asleep and Dad and Macy woke me up when it was time to go eat at Chris and Leslie's. They cooked out for us and it was so nice. Thanks guys. It was me, Chris, Leslie, Erin, Maggie, Bo, Mom, Dad, Pap-paw, the neighbors from up the street and their two children, and another couple we all know from there stopped by too. It was alot of fun and although Sid wasn't there and I missed him, I did enjoy it. BUT, not 30 mins after finishing up dinner, I got really really sick and left to go back to Bo's to lay down. Once back at Bo's I couldn't get comfortable because I thought of my family back at Chris's having fun so I had to get up. By this time a storm had blown up and everyone had left but I went on back anyway to see Erin. I felt bad bad bad for about another hour and then low and behold, it went away. I spent the night at Bo's again and slept much better.

This morning (Tuesday) when I woke up, Will called and wanted to have lunch so I just ate a snack and was feeling pretty good. Me, Maggie, Will and Lacy ate lunch at Cafe On Main-man it was GREAT!!! That was probably the best food I had eaten in a few weeks. I had chicken casserole, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and some sort of really really good roll. I brought left overs home, thinking they would be good the second go around. WRONG!!!!

I got home about 4:30 and by 5:00 the nausea had hit full force. It was bad this time, I almost did throw up. But it seems that it went away faster. Which is good. This time last night, I was trying to have a brave face while Les was saying, "Gee Barb, you don't look so well.....". haha! I guess not.

Sid and I go back to the doc tomorrow for more blood work, the ultra sound, and another visit with Dr. Jordan. I'll be sure and update everyone but I'm a little nervous. We should hear the heart beat tomorrow, but remember, the doctor thinks I'm almost 8 weeks when I know I'm not quite that far along. I had mentioned this to the nurse and she says I should be 6 weeks 1 day tomorrow. I think I'm a little further along than that, but not 8 weeks. So we'll see. But I keep telling myself this nausea is a good sign. Say a prayer for us.

For those of you I promised to see while I was home (and those of you I did see but didn't feel well) I hope I feel better next time and will make the rounds. It has been a rough few days and I really really really missed my bed. I'm just glad the sickness is more in the afternoon and night than the morning. God knew better than to do that to me.........

No comments: