Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Most Sophisticated Piece of Technology.....

You'll ever pee on!!!!

That's how the commercial goes for the new digital E.P.T pregnancy test. And the one I took last Thursday said, "PREGNANT"!!!!!!!!!

So yesterday was the doctor's appointment and I had to go it alone because Sid couldn't get away from work. They took some blood, which believe it or not wasn't the hard part for me. The hard part was when the doctor walked in, checked me out, said, "good, your cervix is closed", and walked out. Maybe I should find a new doc over here. But you know me, I didn't let it stop at that, and had to ask a few more questions. I finally looked at the nurse and told her I felt as if I knew more before the appointment than I did after the appointment.

Too make a short story long, there is no due date yet. But I am indeed pregnant and although it's still really really early everything looks really good. Sid and I will go back on May 28th for the first ultra sound and more blood work. The doctor counts me as being 4 weeks along right now, but I know different. There is no way I could be more than 16-17 days along at this point, so when I say really, really early, I mean REALLY, REALLY early.

If you do the math there, it should put my due date around the middle to end of January, 2009. Maggie and Bo's wedding is set for Jan. 10th. So pray for my Mom!!! Maggie has already started stressing out about how will everyone choose where to be if it happens on the same day and she doesn't want to miss the birth. I told her to please not change anything because it will all work out and if she goes changing stuff, it could jinx me or her or both. Don't you agree? My brothers keep sending me text messages about "the twins" and their "niece and nephew" but let's hope that for everyone's sake who has to put up with me for a long, long time that it's not. That idea is actually exciting and nauseating all at once. For those of you who need a fill in, my dad is a twin, my mother's dad was a twin, and there is more than one set of twins on Sid's side in older generations. So if you do that math, it's likely. More likely than me going into birth on Maggie's wedding day!

I haven't had any morning sickness yet. I do get a little sick feeling around lunch and later in the afternoon, but no actual sickness. Maybe it'll hold off, although I read that morning sickness is actually good for the baby. I haven't been able to sleep well although I am very tired. Don't know why that is.

Sooooooooo, that's the news from Mississippi for now!

3 comments:

Tiphanie G said...

Yea!! Sorry to tell you Barb, but it's still "morning sickness" even if it stays inside the tummy.

Liz said...

Hey Barbie!!! Congratulations!!!!I will keep you guys in my prayers!

The 'Ssippi Scoop said...

Well let's hope my "morning sickness" stays like it is then. But I really don't think the feeling I'm talking about is more than maybe nerves or anxiety over the situation. I don't feel like I need to get it out or it won't come out. It's not really even that noticable, like none at all today. So let's hope it stays that way.

Thanks for all the calls, comments, and emails. I really do miss my true friends!!!