Friday, January 22, 2010

Because The Call Will Come

I just wanted to share this blog about a doctor from Arkansas who has organized a team to go to Haiti and set up a medical clinic.  His wife has blogged about how he called her while she was in Old Navy telling her he wanted to go to Haiti.  Can you imagine???  They live in Arkansas and I just thought I'd link to their blog in case anyone would like to follow along with his story as he and his team prepare and go......because the call came and this man answered.  If the call came, would I answer?  Would you answer?  Just something to think about.

I didn't watch the special that was on tonight about Haiti.  I tried and all the music was so depressing.  I'm sure there will be lots of recaps on CNN but I did see Anderson Cooper via Skype on the Ellen show and he says that people are dying and they don't need to be.  Now, Mr. Cooper is no doctor, but he says that people have things like broken limbs with a wound and because the wound cannot be treated, they are getting infections and dying.  So teams like this doctor's will no doubt be of assistance.

If you read of other's like this, just normal humans like you and me, would you please leave me a link so I can read.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am humbled. I'm a proud wife. Thank you for the sweet words!