I have to start this off by saying no pics on this post, sorry! I don't want to get up and get the camera, Bailey is napping and Sid has gone hunting, so I just want to sit here while I can. Bailey and I have some cooking to do when she gets up.
Speaking of cooking, I wanted to post some New Year's Resolutions. (Disclaimer: These are mine, not Sid's. Maybe he'll do a posting of his own. We'll see!!)
1. I am not the cooker in this household, but I must say that before I moved to MS, I was a great cook. I even used to cook at least one big meal a week and have my family come eat. They loved it and I loved it. But single life in the later 20's did something to me, and I became quite happy with South Beach Diet Bars and Dr. Pepper for supper. They don't play that game in MS. They eat! And Sid learned from the best of them, he enjoys cooking and he's like a woman. He doesn't like anyone else in his kitchen, so I've just let him do it. But starting this year, I'd like to take my kitchen back. Part of the problem is Sid's a VERY picky eater, and we are making a VERY picker toddler. So I need to get back to cooking so we can have something besides some meat, or more specifically-chicken or hamburgers! Tonight, on the 01-01-10, we will start with a good ole homemade Beef Stew!
2. I want to be a better wife. Sid is not the easiest person in the world to get along with, but then again, neither am I. He will voice is opinion at anytime, no matter where we are or what is going on. He gives me heck most of the time, but I must say that he has put up with me and has struck true to those wedding vows of "for better or for worse and in sickness and in health." And for that I am very thankful! Bailey and I are so lucky to have him and I hope he realizes how much we do love him and appreciate him. I'm a good wife, don't get me wrong, but I just want to find ways to show it more.
3. I feel like I have grown immensely in my Christian Faith and my walk with the Lord in the year 2009, but one thing I have not done that I'd like to do more of is spend more time reading the Bible, being in God's word. I do alot of reading from devotionals and that is great, but I want to really read and find ways to study the Bible.
4. I want to do more for others. This is sort of two-fold. I would like to get involved in volunteering my time at some place local in need of volunteers. And I want to do more for my friends and family in their times of need, like sending a note giving a phone call or email instead of just thinking about the person. I want to really let them know they are thought about and prayed for. And I'd really like to meet new people and make new friends.
5. In doing the above 4, I have to do this one and that is reduce my time on the computer. I am addicted to reading blogs and it's crazy. I think it's because most of the blogs that I read are either parents of babies Bailey's age and I like to see what other kids are up to and get ideas or they are blogs of children with special needs and I like to read about what is going on with them. But I need to decrease this time so that I can do better at the others.
6. I want to be a better mother. We can all improve, and although I think I am a fantastic mother, I know there is more I could be doing.
7. And last, but not least-who can have a New Year's Resolution without saying "make more money, save more money, lose more weight, eat better, keep the house cleaner, blah blah blah!
We were wild and crazy ringing in the New Year last night! NO, really, we were not! We went out to eat with Ben, Kylie, Mason, Brady, Brady's friend, NeNe, Jerry, Nana and Pop (Kylie's mom and dad), and Granddaddy (Kylie's granddaddy). It's was lots of fun but didn't last near long enough and everyone went their seperate ways. Bailey crashed out about 10:00 p.m., Sid and I watched the ball drop at 11:00 p.m. and he went to bed, and I went to bed at midnight. Today we went to his grandmother's for the traditional New Year's Day lunch. Now I'm blogging, Sid is hunting, and Bailey is napping.
I'd like to wish all my readers a wonderful 2010, a year of health and good fortune! For my family that are readers, we love you all very, very much and hope that 2010 is all you want it to be and so much more.
Stay tuned for some pictures. And a last reminder that today is a year ago that we got to bring Miss Bailey home. Tomorrow, I'm going to post some pictures of her visit from all kinds of family members so we can see how much she's grown. Then I'm going to get off the "today it's been a year" band wagon. It's just so hard not to think about all those emotions that we went through just one short year ago. But after tomorrow, we are offically saying good-bye to 2009 and Hello! 2010! It's going to be a year of nothing but basic life of work, family, church-life, and normal day-to-day stuff for the Whitehead's at this household!